• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

Why is my posted quoted prior to that link?  It's nice reporting, but doesn't answer my question or request.  If you think it does, show me.  Maybe I'm too cocky to see it.

Brad, you're right.  He does "dodge" the question with this quote but that isn't directly aimed toward UCF.

"How many Florida schools are you going to play?” he asks. “We’ve played Miami, Central Florida, Florida International and FAU (Florida Atlantic University) and where are you going to go with all of it. I don’t know. We are scheduled to play them four years in row. That is more than any team outside of our conference.”

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Brad, you're right.  He does "dodge" the question with this quote but that isn't directly aimed toward UCF.

"How many Florida schools are you going to play?” he asks. “We’ve played Miami, Central Florida, Florida International and FAU (Florida Atlantic University) and where are you going to go with all of it. I don’t know. We are scheduled to play them four years in row. That is more than any team outside of our conference.”

But what’s wrong with that position and how is it too cocky? There was more to gain for them and more to lose for us as evidenced by the fact that they gained everything and we lost everything. It’s perfectly fine for us to do something in our best interest and that not to aline with their best interest.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

Fiery Brad is my favorite Brad!

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

Here is another look at what may be coming

Thanks for sharing this. I took away two things from this guy's pretty candid takes about the B12.

1. USF still has some realignment juice left 

2. Despite what we have been told, things are not all sunshine and happiness over there in the Land of "P5"

Guess we'll just have to wait to see what happens next for our Bulls. 🤘

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Thanks for sharing this. I took away two things from this guy's pretty candid takes about the B12.

1. USF still has some realignment juice left 

2. Despite what we have been told, things are not all sunshine and happiness over there in the Land of "P5"

Guess we'll just have to wait to see what happens next for our Bulls. 🤘

The thing that's often getting missed here is that the Big 12 is not like this amazing promised land. 

UCF, Cincy, and Houston will struggle in the Big 12 performance-wise. We definitely would too. Wouldn't it be better to get back on our feet in the AAC? 

In addition, at this point, this is TWICE now the Big 12 has entertained expansion, and twice we have been shot down. Same with SMU and Memphis. I don't know what conversations are happening, but they are coming across as toying with us and I would venture to guess that while WE would be willing to commit to them, the feeling is not mutual.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, hm101 said:

What he said is basically this story is not over. Hell, even the Iowa State AD said this is not over, in more political terms. 

Can we pull ourselves out of the pity party and realize that we still control our own destiny? 

We need to beat out Memphis, BSU, Colorado State etc

USF leadership needs a very clear plan and a way to re-engage the ticket holders, fans, donor base. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,513
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Hmmm, no Boise seems odd, unless they go PAC with SDSU or Air Force?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

30 minutes ago, cmhatter said:

We need to beat out Memphis, BSU, Colorado State etc

USF leadership needs a very clear plan and a way to re-engage the ticket holders, fans, donor base. 

With the understanding that two of those schools are already significantly ahead of us. We better start winning games, have fans attend, and develop a 3/5 year strategic plan for football/Athletics growth (with a stadium blueprint). There is nothing historically to convince me any of these things will happen in the timeline needed. Hope I am wrong. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Multiple reports that BYU wants to televise two of its home games on BYUTV and the B12 is not agreeing to it. Could this mean Memphis gets the call up? Is BYU really going to do implode this?