• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue

I probably watched that 4 or 5 times before I caught all the stupid stuff they had in that movie.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I probably watched that 4 or 5 times before I caught all the stupid stuff they had in that movie.  

Surely you can't be serious

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Surely you can't be serious

And don't call me Shirley.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

I don't understand how anyone can still say this?

Because we've done what they're doing before. Them committing to Athletics got them in this position but the Big 3 won't let them infiltrate into a state power. We're stronger as two going up against the three in my opinion than a single program. Whatever conference we're in, if together the entirety of the I-4 corridor knows what's going on between the two and there's plenty of eyeballs and people growing up with the programs and another big rivalry. It's a big help with perception than just waiting for UF/FSU as the only big rivalry every Thanksgiving. The Big 12 is going to lose more teams inevitably as well. There's no single doubt in my mind Kansas, OK State at stay in that conference through 2025. In the end yes it's still a better situation to be in than the AAC, but it could be a role reversal in a couple years. The conference landscape becomes a Power 4 and we join or not join the Big 12 and UCF is right back where they started without a travel buddy, and a big rivalry partner drawing a lot of eyeballs

Edited by MSBulls

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Well I heard people on here liked British comedy so I’ve been trying to crowbar some stuff into my posts, it’s a work in progress 

We’re a very select group ….. put the crowbar away. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

I've been quiet but a few thoughts: 

- I am only half joking when I say I am somewhat glad to see UCF go. Insufferable, cocky, delusional fanbase, internet trolls, and they will annoy the piss out of their new conference mates who have actually won national championships with their fake national championship. I'm just tired of them. They're not fun to be around, to play, to talk to, and I say bye and, truly, good luck. 

- This leaves us to focus on us. I will personally commit to keeping worrying about what UCF is doing to a minimum because at the end of the day it does no good for us nor impacts them. Look at teams like BSU, NIU, CSU... the list is long of programs that have national respect for winning, running good programs, having some fun with marketing, etc. I actually would rather go to a BSU game than, say, Washington State. Would rather go to see NIU potentially upset a Big Ten team at a bowl game. 

- To the above 2 points, I am indifferent about the "rivalry". The people UCF is mad at ARENT EVEN HERE ANYMORE. Their "revenge" is pyrrhic. I hope that our AD's have a long talk about whether or not there can be any mutual respect, what the vision for the rivalry truly is, and whether their fans can represent their alma mater well. We both come to the table with blank slates and with us willing to stand up for ourselves. If I am MK and detect any hints of BS, I walk away. We have UF, FSU, and Miami close by if we want to partner up with schools in bigger conferences. We have FIU, FAU, and more in the region if we want smaller partners. If UCF's "body language" says "we don't need USF", I say the feeling is mutual. 

- I don't want to get called up to the Big 12 if we aren't ready. By way of analogy, at work, I don't want to get pulled into a meeting with the CEO; I am not ready and my failure in that arena will hurt more than a neutral performance will help. My only gripe here is that expansion is happening sooner than I wanted. 

- College football is rigged toward the top 10-15 programs. Football participation is dwindling. The NIL world we are in will further inequalities. I know this feels like a loss, but I feel like maybe - just maybe - football is not exactly the future that we think it might be and this "miss" might be a blessing in disguise. If you miss out on a good investment, that's mistake 1. If you buy at the top, that's mistake 2. I may be alone here but I don't think my kids will experience college life and college sports the same way I did. All I am saying is we should think about that. USF is a great university - it's balanced, if only a little deficient in it's big name athletics programs. Better academically than many "G5" programs. In a better city. And just learned a valuable lesson about athletics that may pay dividends. 

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, hm101 said:

I've been quiet but a few thoughts: 

- I am only half joking when I say I am somewhat glad to see UCF go. Insufferable, cocky, delusional fanbase, internet trolls, and they will annoy the piss out of their new conference mates who have actually won national championships with their fake national championship. I'm just tired of them. They're not fun to be around, to play, to talk to, and I say bye and, truly, good luck. 

- This leaves us to focus on us. I will personally commit to keeping worrying about what UCF is doing to a minimum because at the end of the day it does no good for us nor impacts them. Look at teams like BSU, NIU, CSU... the list is long of programs that have national respect for winning, running good programs, having some fun with marketing, etc. I actually would rather go to a BSU game than, say, Washington State. Would rather go to see NIU potentially upset a Big Ten team at a bowl game. 

- To the above 2 points, I am indifferent about the "rivalry". The people UCF is mad at ARENT EVEN HERE ANYMORE. Their "revenge" is pyrrhic. I hope that our AD's have a long talk about whether or not there can be any mutual respect, what the vision for the rivalry truly is, and whether their fans can represent their alma mater well. We both come to the table with blank slates and with us willing to stand up for ourselves. If I am MK and detect any hints of BS, I walk away. We have UF, FSU, and Miami close by if we want to partner up with schools in bigger conferences. We have FIU, FAU, and more in the region if we want smaller partners. If UCF's "body language" says "we don't need USF", I say the feeling is mutual. 

- I don't want to get called up to the Big 12 if we aren't ready. By way of analogy, at work, I don't want to get pulled into a meeting with the CEO; I am not ready and my failure in that arena will hurt more than a neutral performance will help. My only gripe here is that expansion is happening sooner than I wanted. 

- College football is rigged toward the top 10-15 programs. Football participation is dwindling. The NIL world we are in will further inequalities. I know this feels like a loss, but I feel like maybe - just maybe - football is not exactly the future that we think it might be and this "miss" might be a blessing in disguise. If you miss out on a good investment, that's mistake 1. If you buy at the top, that's mistake 2. I may be alone here but I don't think my kids will experience college life and college sports the same way I did. All I am saying is we should think about that. USF is a great university - it's balanced, if only a little deficient in it's big name athletics programs. Better academically than many "G5" programs. In a better city. And just learned a valuable lesson about athletics that may pay dividends. 

Uh, as I recall they had an older program and Leavitt was pretty **** cocky towards them which was adopted by the fan base. So, I’d say some of the current situation is karma. Maybe Stetson needs a rival.

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,014
  • Days Won:  38

13 minutes ago, slick1ru2 said:

So, I’d say some of the current situation is karma.

Yes it is one thing to have swagger, but you have to back it up and actually work hard.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

Here is another look at what may be coming