• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

55 minutes ago, michibull said:

I don’t think they’re as arrogant as they seem. Remember that they are a church school and won’t compromise core beliefs (not playing on Sundays, etc.), also, football is not a main priority for them; which is why they went independent (national championships are nice but not critical). With that being said, their fan base is so large that BYUTV supplies enough money that they don’t NEED a conference; the B12 needs them more than they need the B12. So if that is the case, wouldn’t you be picky too?

Why would the BIG12 commit the same mistake again with BYU regarding television rights? This is a short term fix and not a very will thought out one. It will come back to bite them in the ass.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

55 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:
1 hour ago, michibull said:

I would be careful if I was the B12. You have to bend over to meet their criteria. Yes, they have $ and a following but they will alienate many in time.

43 minutes ago, BULL2001 said:

Why would the BIG12 commit the same mistake again with BYU regarding television rights? This is a short term fix and not a very will thought out one. It will come back to bite them in the ass.

I agree with both of you. In this game football and stability need to be priority. I always get the same about Notre Dame, not worth the headache. You can’t give special treatment to anybody, it creates a division right off the start; and I’m saying this as someone supports BYU, they’re my #2.  

Edited by michibull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

6 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

We need a 35000 seat stadium that can expand to 50000 if need be.  Build it out aluminum, hemp, plastic, whatever.  Just get it on campus so everyone can actually go to USF for the games.  

Yes a packed smaller stadium is far superior to a cavernous red pirate thing.  We need the marquee games to fill that up.  Could always do a neutral site game for those...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953

Just now, Rocky Style said:

Yes a packed smaller stadium is far superior to a cavernous red pirate thing.  We need the marquee games to fill that up.  Could always do a neutral site game for those...

Yeah, I also think that smaller stadiums will be the way of the future. We could see attendance dropping before COVID (due to in home entertainment quality and costs), I don’t think we’ll ever see the attendance numbers of the past. 35-40k would be a good sweet spot. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

**** that stings

” The first priority is to maintain a large presence in Florida, where the AAC had two anchors, UCF in Orlando and UCF in Tampa.”

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

**** that stings

” The first priority is to maintain a large presence in Florida, where the AAC had two anchors, UCF in Orlando and UCF in Tampa.”

It sure does… 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

**** that stings

Ouch!  LOL

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

**** that stings

On 9/3/2021 at 3:01 PM, puc86 said:

I thought it was the other one that sounds like that but with a different vowel 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538

cef69b00-1032-11ec-bff7-dff535e40a7a

Dan Wetzel, Pete Thamel and SI's Pat Forde have the latest news coming out of Big 12 country as Houston, UCF, BYU and Cincinnati are set to join the league. How crucial...

'Don't sleep on USF'

Some signs really point towards us being considered but needing to meet some more criteria for them. 2023 might be a real possible thing. Just take a second and imagine the meltdown in Orlando if we end up with better facilities than them, and get back on the same level just a couple years after they left. Glorious

Edited by MSBulls