• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,513
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Multiple reports that BYU wants to televise two of its home games on BYUTV and the B12 is not agreeing to it. Could this mean Memphis gets the call up? Is BYU really going to do implode this? 

BYU trying to pull a Texas. It would be great to see BYU hit with the no thanks on this one.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

BYU trying to pull a Texas. It would be great to see BYU hit with the no thanks on this one.

They are an arrogant bunch. I suspect they will work this out though. 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

The UCF block is in full force on that thread. Get ready for a bumpy couple years. If they do be proactive and go to 16, and we get in, all this struggle and disappointment may be worth the impending meltdown. We have a long way to go though before we'll be seriously considered. Hopefully this is a wild and fun couple years coming for us

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

Academically, USF is one of the top potential members. 

For Football, UCF has better recent record, OCS, and more fan support and probably better ratings as a result. 

The new Big 12 will be the weakest “P5.” Will be treated like the old Big East, but overall still have a better playoff contention SOS than the AAC. Will definitely need to be undefeated though. 

I will always be a USF fan and show support. I appreciate USF for more than just football.

Though the prospect of the football team being left in a weak conference with perpetual coaching failures is demoralizing. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, MSBulls said:

The UCF block is in full force on that thread. Get ready for a bumpy couple years. If they do be proactive and go to 16, and we get in, all this struggle and disappointment may be worth the impending meltdown. We have a long way to go though before we'll be seriously considered. Hopefully this is a wild and fun couple years coming for us

Like moths to a flame. They don’t realize that the fact that they hate USF so much is a plus for the Big12 to add the Bulls.

Here is another fact, since 2016. USF has finished in top 25 twice. The only schools in the Big12 that can beat or match that are Oklahoma State,UCF and UC with 3 and WV with 2.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

29 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Here is another fact, since 2016. USF has finished in top 25 twice. The only schools in the Big12 that can beat or match that are Oklahoma State,UCF and UC with 3 and WV with 2.

How it feels though 

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They are an arrogant bunch. I suspect they will work this out though. 

I don’t think they’re as arrogant as they seem. Remember that they are a church school and won’t compromise core beliefs (not playing on Sundays, etc.), also, football is not a main priority for them; which is why they went independent (national championships are nice but not critical). With that being said, their fan base is so large that BYUTV supplies enough money that they don’t NEED a conference; the B12 needs them more than they need the B12. So if that is the case, wouldn’t you be picky too?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, michibull said:

I don’t think they’re as arrogant as they seem. Remember that they are a church school and won’t compromise core beliefs (not playing on Sundays, etc.), also, football is not a main priority for them; which is why they went independent (national championships are nice but not critical). With that being said, their fan base is so large that BYUTV supplies enough money that they don’t NEED a conference; the B12 needs them more than they need the B12. So if that is the case, wouldn’t you be picky too?

I would be careful if I was the B12. You have to bend over to meet their criteria. Yes, they have $ and a following but they will alienate many in time.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Just flex out the baseball stadium and play there. They say it seats over 3k with the ability to accommodate more fans, if we were to host an NCAA game. If we could get that number up to about 8k-10k that would be all we would need, for now. Could be an interesting test run