• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Gismo said:

In terms of on the field performance, the AAC was equal or better than the Big12 when you remove Texas and Oklahoma. With that said, TV, fanbase, and athletic revenue is more important than the teams performance for conference affiliation and media deals.

I'd imagine you would have to just remove Oklahoma.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Torello from Bay news 9 tweets pretty objectively about USF and UCF, but seems to be well connected. I’ve been pissed and annoyed about stuff he’s said, but he was the first I saw report about UCF being recruited by the big 12. He doubled down on it as well a week before it was announced.

ive seen him on Twitter now bringing up this stadium is being funded in a way that will have the state help pay for it. Also seems confident USF with an OCS gets P5 looks that aren’t the big 12. I’m doubtful, but he’s proven to know more than I do before so here’s to hoping that’s the case again

• Upvote 3
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Gismo said:

Honestly it would be better for the ACC to pack the big 12 than Vice versa. Take WVU, TCU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State. 

If Texas has the athletes to support 6 teams in a “power” conference so can Florida. 

1 Texas A&M (SEC)

2 Texas (SEC)

3 TCU (B12)

4 Baylor  (B12)

5 Texas Tech  (B12)

6 Houston  (B12)

The state of Florida

1 Florida (SEC)

2 FSU (ACC)

3 Miami (ACC)

4 UCF  (B12)

5 USF  (B12/ACC)

Expect more conference realignment in a few years. PAC or Big 10 makes a move, Big12 or ACC has to add teams again, or maybe even lose “power” conference status. 

Lol at Florida leaving the SEC

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149

3 hours ago, bulloni said:

Also seems confident USF with an OCS gets P5 looks that aren’t the big 12. 

This would be great. Maybe a steeper learning curve than going to Big 12, but the ACC would be great for us after a few years for recruiting to catch up.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

ACC is a much better fit for us.... especially travel wise for fans.... 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

ACC is a much better fit for us.... especially travel wise for fans.... 

Agreed 100%.  If getting left out of the B12 this time means getting our crap together and getting into the ACC in the next few years, then I am all for it

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, bulloni said:

Torello from Bay news 9 tweets pretty objectively about USF and UCF, but seems to be well connected. I’ve been pissed and annoyed about stuff he’s said, but he was the first I saw report about UCF being recruited by the big 12. He doubled down on it as well a week before it was announced.

ive seen him on Twitter now bringing up this stadium is being funded in a way that will have the state help pay for it. Also seems confident USF with an OCS gets P5 looks that aren’t the big 12. I’m doubtful, but he’s proven to know more than I do before so here’s to hoping that’s the case again

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,506
  • Days Won:  3

Oh man, I hope we see an OCS or at least the plans for it. Real plans, not a “this is what it could look like if we did build one” plan.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,483

10 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Oh man, I hope we see an OCS or at least the plans for it. Real plans, not a “this is what it could look like if we did build one” plan.

I'm with you.  Either give us a plan and a timeline or stop getting our hopes up.  I'm tired of feasibility studies and pretty pictures.  

• Upvote 2

Guest Jonesy Bull
26 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I'm with you.  Either give us a plan and a timeline or stop getting our hopes up.  I'm tired of feasibility studies and pretty pictures.  

I don't disagree.  I'm with you, we need a real bona fide plan to get this thing really rolling.  But what we heard yesterday feels like it has more meaning and traction than past feasibility studies, etc.  It certainly is getting more play in the local print and TV media.  But yes, its only a good first step, and will mean nothing if they don't build on the momentum.