• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,464
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

@MSBulls

I found this article but it says:  The majority of the cost for the new studio space and the high-tech equipment it houses came from American Athletic Conference funds designated to bolster streaming capabilities conference-wide on the heels of the conference signing a new 12-year television rights agreement with ESPN, which began in the 2020-21 season.

Control_Room_A.jpg?preset=large.socialme

New broadcast facility propels USF Athletics streaming capabilities among the best nationally.

This makes way more sense than ESPN giving a crap about USF.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

On #4 ESPN has donated to the USF athletic facilities? Please explain.

Yeah, I was told by someone I have full confidence in and told me several other things before they happened that there was full technical equipment upgrades and ESPN came in and paid for it I guess. It's all new equipment and systems for ease of use and better coverage across athletics

Edit: @chapelbull found an article and had a bit more detail. Makes a bit more sense

Edited by MSBulls

9 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

@MSBulls

I found this article but it says:  The majority of the cost for the new studio space and the high-tech equipment it houses came from American Athletic Conference funds designated to bolster streaming capabilities conference-wide on the heels of the conference signing a new 12-year television rights agreement with ESPN, which began in the 2020-21 season.

New broadcast facility propels USF Athletics streaming capabilities among the best nationally.

Ah got it, makes sense. That looks like what I was hearing from someone with Athletics. They probably didn't understand the fund allocation but it sounds like ESPN had a team come in and it was upgraded to what they preferred and was most useful

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,633
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

He was speaking in hyperbole and being facetious and said so himself. 

You're confusing the graph maker (puc) who was indeed being his hyperbolic self with the one who started that thread (CPA_bull) who was serious as a heart attack, as he has been with the 15 other "Fire _____" threads he's started over the years.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

28 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

This makes way more sense than ESPN giving a crap about USF.

Actually espn DID kick in some $ to the AAC who then help fund the schools. I looked but there is no way a $ figure will be reported. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

@MSBulls

I cannot find how much espn gave the conference but it was something. Again, based on the comments by the poster I don’t see this as meaning espn really cares about us. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You're confusing the graph maker (puc) who was indeed being his hyperbolic self with the one who started that thread (CPA_bull) who was serious as a heart attack, as he has been with the 15 other "Fire _____" threads he's started over the years.

I didn’t make the graph I sourced it but the rest seems pretty directionally correct, I think he changed his stance a bit the next day 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

31 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

You might be surprised.  Word is our new AD thinks rivalries are an important part of college athletics.  So good news for you...the War on I-4 may make a reappearance! 😉

:roflmao::puke:

39 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

You might be surprised.  Word is our new AD thinks rivalries are an important part of college athletics.  So good news for you...the War on I-4 may make a reappearance! 😉

Also, the three closest schools to UCF in the new B12 are Cincinnati (758 miles), WVU (768 miles) and Houston (847 miles). To an AD it would probably be nice to have someone in the conference closer.

However, the feeling among everyone I have seen (UCF fans, leftover B12 fans, and sports writers) is that currently Memphis would be the 1st choice. They have invested in football, and have been a lot better the last 6 years or so. Their basketball is top notch which gives them a big advantage since the remaining B12 schools will be an outstanding basketball conference.  And both of the two big revenue generating sports have a strong fan following.

You would be competing with SMU and Boise State for any remaining spots.

Hopefully that stays true about your AD. I just see all these UCF fans getting on us for something years ago that someone many USF fans resent did.... Judy was our own worst enemy.

And honestly both of our best opportunities moving forward is together it seems. Neither of us will get to that next level within the state unless we build what we have together and continue to attract more state eyeballs. If the next expansion announcement isn't until '23 I'm not too worried about Memphis or SMU. We'll be better by then on the field, and seemingly more committed in Athletics. We'll see though. Everything is cyclical and we've just been killed each of the last two expansions by being on a down cycle. The one time we were good they opted not to expand. Oh well.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, MSBulls said:

Was at the game on Thursday. Several spots in the crowd were growing increasingly frustrated with Scott. Some insinuating he needs to be gone as well. Just need to step back and understand where we are and it'll take a couple years. Timmy McClain is a must for us right now moving forward

the idea that you fire scott now  is dumb

he needs 2 more years at least

you cant expect him to change things and start winning after one season post covid.