The American Athletic Conference doesn’t have a true pecking order. The bowl matchups are based on best possible games and geography. Payouts are in BOLD.
– Jared Birmingham Bowl vs. SEC - $1,650,000
– Bad Boy Mowers Gasparillia Bowl vs. Conference USA - $1,133,735
– Hawaii Bowl vs. BYU or Mountain West - $1,000,000
– Military Bowl presented by Northrup Grumman vs. ACC - $2,066,990
– Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl vs. Conference USA - $1,000,000
– AutoNation Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt - $751,115
– Frisco Bowl vs. At-Large - $750,000
The American Athletic has secondary partnerships with the AutoZone Liberty($4,294,681) and Walk-On’s Independence($1,248,280), to fill if the main affiliations can’t fill their slots.
So with the payout possibilities I would hope for the Liberty followed by the Military and, God forbid, the Birmingham. Hawaii and Frisco, while being good road trips, would probably break the bank, right?