• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

11 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

He is not calling for his head yet, he is simply stating the obvious like me that the guy has been a bust thus far.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He is not calling for his head yet, he is simply stating the obvious like me that the guy has been a bust thus far.

Hmm, the title says "Fire Jeff Scott" ... guess he left off the "Eventually" part and I didn't bother to read much of the thread

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Actually Thamel said the same thing on his Twitter that the Big12 could expand again for its new tv contract in 2025

USF needs to do everything in its power to be relevant in next few years and if you aren’t wining on field you better be getting in the news with other positive news. Notice the IPF groundbreaking announcement, more it’s needed.

Agreed looks like we will get another swing of the bat in just a few years. 

26 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Hmm, the title says "Fire Jeff Scott" ... guess he left off the "Eventually" part and I didn't bother to read much of the thread

He was speaking in hyperbole and being facetious and said so himself. 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I don’t know anybody that is calling for his head now, too early and can’t afford to for a variety of reasons.  Extremely disappointed in him thus far but have to stick with him on blind faith and hope for the best.  

Was at the game on Thursday. Several spots in the crowd were growing increasingly frustrated with Scott. Some insinuating he needs to be gone as well. Just need to step back and understand where we are and it'll take a couple years. Timmy McClain is a must for us right now moving forward

3 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

Was at the game on Thursday. Several spots in the crowd were growing increasingly frustrated with Scott. Some insinuating he needs to be gone as well. Just need to step back and understand where we are and it'll take a couple years. Timmy McClain is a must for us right now moving forward

I really think it is more frustration now however if we don’t start to see some progress this year then the inmates will grow increasingly restless.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, MSBulls said:

Based on these reports of a second round of expansion in 2023, a few key points come to mind:

1. UCF will already be in. They'll obviously do all they can to block us. We'll just need to get the other 11 on board or whatever percentage is needed. 
  2. I think we need to start Timmy McClain right now. I know Scott loves Fortin, but we're not going to be great this year. With McClain we at least get 4 years with him and can peak at the right time for once. We can't afford another rebuild in two years
  3. We need to stick with and commit to Scott. Those people calling for his head need to chill. We need time to develop an identity and culture
  4. ESPN just committed a few million dollars to our Athletics facilities to upgrade some in-house broadcasting equipment. They aren't planning on losing USF anytime soon after spending that on us. We could be in ESPN's back pocket if all goes well in a couple years and they may push the Big 12 toward us as well

I said the other day I think we have one more shot at this and to get where we need to be. There will inevitably be another round of expansion. This next time is it in my opinion, we can't get left behind three times. If all goes well, '24/25 could be our last year in the AAC. In the meantime... let's hope Aresco gets us App St, UAB, and some others to keep us as the top G5 conference

On #4 ESPN has donated to the USF athletic facilities? Please explain.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

They made sure USF had the technology to produce their own sporting events on espn+. It was part of the deal when the AAC signed the espn contract. However, it was not exclusive as espn did this for more if not all of the schools in the Conference. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

@MSBulls

I found this article but it says:  The majority of the cost for the new studio space and the high-tech equipment it houses came from American Athletic Conference funds designated to bolster streaming capabilities conference-wide on the heels of the conference signing a new 12-year television rights agreement with ESPN, which began in the 2020-21 season.

Control_Room_A.jpg?preset=large.socialme

New broadcast facility propels USF Athletics streaming capabilities among the best nationally.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They made sure USF had the technology to produce their own sporting events on espn+. It was part of the deal when the AAC signed the espn contract. However, it was not exclusive as espn did this for more if not all of the schools in the Conference. 

Then we should be a lock for the next round.

• Haha 1