• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

22 hours ago, Triple B said:

IF the position changed, I'm sure it was because she saw the inevitability of it happening, with nothing USF could do about it. Either way,  keeping up this mantra about us letting them in, giving them a hand up is, at best, disingenuous ......... and as far as J and D hiding under the bed, it's the perfect place to hide from an invasion of dickweeds.

I guess it's nicer to think we gave them a hand up than face the reality that we were pushed off a cliff to their level.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Don't be so sure. I can think of at least two members of TBP who are capable of coming to that conclusion....

848066D3-BD71-4E99-93EB-536CAFD61BDA.gif

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This is entertaining.  

I think we all want to play on New Years day in a bowl people (and most likely USF fans) care about. 

Beating Wisconsin and not winning our "crappy" conference definitely doesn't accomplish that. 

Let's beat the "sorry" ass teams that will be on or schedule for the foreseeable future and see what that does for us. Beating a name brand and losing 2, 3 and 4 games in conference has literally done Jack. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

Let's beat the "sorry" ass teams

Last year that team was the Bulls.  Hopefully we can fix the offense, defense, and special teams.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,347
  • Days Won:  10

Some people, when training for distance running, measure their progress mile by mile.  They push on with the ultimate goal (initially) of making ten miles.  Celebration of progress and measure mile by mile until they can run a half marathon.  Celebration of goal attained and push to next milestone.  Ultimately, they get there by attaining all of the meaningless (to others) goals along the way.

Some runners focus on the end of the race right off visualizing success and start knocking down milestones without much of a notice as they get closer to their ultimate goal.  They also succeed.

Who's wrong?  I try not to argue with success.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

17 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Don't be so sure. I can think of at least two members of TBP who are capable of coming to that conclusion....

:04-rock:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

28 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Some people, when training for distance running, measure their progress mile by mile.  They push on with the ultimate goal (initially) of making ten miles.  Celebration of progress and measure mile by mile until they can run a half marathon.  Celebration of goal attained and push to next milestone.  Ultimately, they get there by attaining all of the meaningless (to others) goals along the way.

Some runners focus on the end of the race right off visualizing success and start knocking down milestones without much of a notice as they get closer to their ultimate goal.  They also succeed.

Who's wrong?  I try not to argue with success.

Where does only wanting to talk about that time you ran a half-marathon back in 2006 fit in?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,347
  • Days Won:  10

It really doesn't take a whole lot of anything admirable to consistently point out failure to those who are happy and looking to replicate a good time.  Actually, it is kind of a bummer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Grateful Dad said:

It really doesn't take a whole lot of anything admirable to consistently point out failure to those who are happy and looking to replicate a good time.  Actually, it is kind of a bummer.

If I'm understanding your point correctly, that can't be referring to puc. He's anything but happy, primarily because he knows we can't replicate that good time with our current station in college football and he apparently wants everyone as miserable as he is about it.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

If I'm understanding your point correctly, that can't be referring to puc. He's anything but happy, primarily because he knows we can't replicate that good time with our current station in college football and he apparently wants everyone as miserable as he is about it.

I don’t know that my goal is to make people recognize that they should be miserable or that I have any discernible goal or purposeful fight, I am just tilting at windmills. I feel most of my responses are backlash against what I see as slights against things I see as greater accomplishments and hero’s by people pining for things I see as less valuable and that they are exalting for reasons I believe are simply because they haven’t happened as yet. If you want to believe that winning the aac is the bees knees who am I to tell you differently? But if you think it’s foolish to believe simply competing in a power conference is better than winning the self proclaimed sixth best conference or that CJL isn’t our greatest coach by every single measurable simply because he didn’t win a conference championship in the roughly 7 opportunities he got while constantly moving our team up levels before getting a chance to settle in much less dropping down levels as we have recently done I’m going to have something to say about that because while you are trying to convince me it’s a Michelin star meal it looks and smells a lot like **** to me. I want us to win every single game and simply put a little more value on brand name games people are more passionate about than I do ones I have notticed that they do not seem to. Some think we will gain more if we win the conference and do not beat the other more marquee games and if it happens I hope they are right but I’m inclined to believe that a conference championship with losses against anyone of note will also be for not and will be discounted and used as proof of the distance between the P6 and the P5 being an insurmountable schism much like how no one honestly believes UCF’s conference championship in CUSA was a major accomplishment or made their season better than ours when they won hardware and we did not for the BEAST but we beat the **** out of them 64-12. I really don’t understand how this isn’t universally accepted and can be seen as a hot take instead of the reality that it is.  

Edited by puc86