• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But they ARE NOW a part of our lives and there is no going back...man you like living with your head in the sand...

I would love to see Big Foot riding a Unicorn too...

As I often say.

We have to live in the world as it is while we work to change it to become the world we wish.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I once blocked a shot of a 6'6" guy back in high school. It only lasted a second but I still see it my feeble old mind.

We read a story in high school with those themes. Called the 80 Yard Run. I think it has relevancy to this discussion.

https://www.enotes.com/topics/eighty-yard-run/themes

The story itself

https://instruct.uwo.ca/kinesiology/378/files/essays/yardrun.pdf

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Al Bundy once rushed for 4 TDs against Andrew Johnson HS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,381
  • Days Won:  10

Part of this clash between those who keep talking about the atmosphere, excitement, buy-in, etc. of the past (at least for me) is addressing the changes supposedly necessary to have that atmosphere, according to some who didn't experience it.  What we are trying to tell others is that we don't need to change much.  We already had sell outs at Ray-Jay.  An OCS is not going to fix attendance.  Winning and especially big name wins gets people excited.  We never had a conference championship.  Yet we had sell outs, talked about on ESPN numerous times, Tampa lighting up in Gold and Green.  All that without a precious aluminum foil trophy.

We have basically all we need.  We don't need to fix what ain't broke.  Build the IPF and get on with it.  We did better in trailers, anyway.  Winning important games that people care about is what is missing.  We get that down and everyone will have the atmosphere that they crave.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Al Bundy once rushed for 4 TDs against Andrew Johnson HS.

Yup. It's a good and common theme in story telling.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

As Bulldozer said it's the totality of the work, even puc has agreed with that when he talked about how he had arguments with marketing people where there were 100 different things and they all had to work and it isn't just the one thing.

We have to dominate the AAC and win regularly, we also have to beat the P5 opponents. If we can't do both the one we can't do will be used to discount and disparage the one we do. We also have to have great academics.

I think my point was more about situations  that need thousands of things to be successful but being mistrusting of those that act like you can’t measure any of the success until you get all one thousand things accomplished. If someone has an actual plan that they can accomplish they go after the best things that they can and you should see incremental progress along the way. If your not seeing any results the person is either incompetent or the plan isn’t even directionally correct.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Years may be a stretch, don’t remember any conf championships or finishing in the top 25.  Whether it is 15 minutes or an hour is irrelevant, the neighborhood changed and the white picket fences have been replaced with chain link and burglar bars.  No longer kids playing in the street, Instead just slangin and banging, no Gentrification in the near future so we focus on where we are now and make the best of it, sitting around reminiscing and thinking that we still live in a plush neighborhood is fruitless.

Do all historical revisionists think this way?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Brad + puc = Bruc?

I thought it worked .....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I seriously didn't realize that USF alone begged to get UCF into the same conference. I thought that the remaining teams went to find some suitable schools to join the conference.  

USF obviously did not beg for UCF to enter.  But you should remember when there were rumors that JuJu and Dougie might act to keep them out, they immediately capitulated.  Bianchi "exlcusion shamed" Judy.  Worried about her own public image she went on to eliminate any resistance to UCF barging their way in - just like UCF has aggressively done for years.  We bend over and grab our ankles, as usual.

On 7/12/2019 at 9:29 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

The fact we have never ever really been close is a testament to how much more difficult it is...or it could be a testament to we have never ever really been that good to begin with. 

Poor current performance is not an accurate determinant of historical performance.  You should stop trying to whitewash past years in order to normalize the current situation.