• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

22 hours ago, Triple B said:

This is the part of Bruc’s cruise down memory lane that I just don’t see at all, that we were somehow responsible for the Kanigits being in our conference. I think it’s just an attempt, misguided though it is, to diss the ones who ran CJL out of town. 

Why would it be unreasonable to expect that people that make bad decisions and tinker with things they are ill equipped to tinker with would not continue down their rabbit hole of bad decisions as they try to fix the issues their involvement continued to create?

19 hours ago, JTrue said:

He's a little like puc in that regard, he brings it up every chance he gets. It comes up about 4-5 times a season for 10 seasons.

If trophies can be forever why can’t actual impressive accomplishments? Not one trophy was given for the Declaration of Independence, the imancipation proclamation, the battle of Normandy or pretty much any amazing accomplishment in history. Things are great because they are great and not because someone had to manufacture value to it by making a trophy for it that no one would otherwise care about, it’s not like it’s the Stanley Cup.

23 hours ago, Friscobull said:

We all soured on him at the same time.  However he is gone, CJL is gone, Big East is gone and any prestige we once had is gone as well.  You remind me of Eastwood in the beginning of Gran Torino, sitting around wishing his neighborhood would return to a better time, sulking, drinking and complaining.  He eventually accepted fate and made the best of it. You have a beautiful mind however pissing it away wishing we could go back in time 12 years to our 15 minutes of fame thinking we can relive those glory days.I am new to the board and realize you have had this argument at least 2k times so no need to reply, just making an observation.

How someone spends 1% of their life on a hobby hardly reflects their life and how they utilize their life. Al Gore invented the internet so people can complain about things that otherwise do not matter to their daily lives.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If trophies can be forever why can’t actual impressive accomplishments? Not one trophy was given for the Declaration of Independence, the imancipation proclamation, the battle of Normandy or pretty much any amazing accomplishment in history. Things are great because they are great and not because someone had to manufacture value to it by making a trophy for it that no one would otherwise care about, it’s not like it’s the Stanley Cup.

Let’s win one first and then I’ll get back to you on this. 

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Let’s win one first and then I’ll get back to you on this. 

I am sure it will be sooner than later, unless we move up again in which case that’s a long term good worth far more than short term pleasures.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

How someone spends 1% of their life on a hobby hardly reflects their life and how they utilize their life. Al Gore invented the internet so people can complain about things that otherwise do not matter to their daily lives.

I was referring to your internet hobby life, in no way was I talking about your actual life, I don’t know you and will try to be clearer in the future.  Between the internet and the Inconvenient Truth Gore will go down as the most accomplished individual of his time, the ultimate American hero.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,596
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Why would it be unreasonable to expect that people that make bad decisions and tinker with things they are ill equipped to tinker with would not continue down their rabbit hole of bad decisions as they try to fix the issues their involvement continued to create?

Because, like a P5 invite, it was out of their control. This fairy tale you two keep trying to promote is strictly a figment of y'all's imagination, borne from the scarring from SlapGate.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,596
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Things are great because they are great and not because someone had to manufacture value to it by making a trophy for it that no one would otherwise care about, it’s not like it’s the Stanley Cup.

Nothing is like the Stanley Cup. Not even this ....

image.png.a5e951bfab11bc8e09daae25827f2b82.png

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I was referring to your internet hobby life, in no way was I talking about your actual life, I don’t know you and will try to be clearer in the future.  Between the internet and the Inconvenient Truth Gore will go down as the most accomplished individual of his time, the ultimate American hero.

Sorry if it felt overly accusatory I don’t think you were actually comparing myself to Clint Eastwood, mostly because everyone knows are far more bad ass. I tend to exaggerate a smidge in this world but I think we sometimes lose site that this is an escape from the real world and doesn’t otherwise reflect our real lives outside of maybe 20 or so events a years a handful of friends we still have from college. My escape involves waxing poetically about the past while some like to focus on the future  I maybe don’t see quite as brightly as they do but that shouldn’t be confused with our overall lives as most of our wives, coworkers and friends would have us committed if we went around consuming our lives with something we can’t control and that has no direct effect on what actually happens to us. Once I graduated I quickly realized I couldn’t pay my bills with conference championships and p5 membership any more than I could big wins.

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Nothing is like the Stanley Cup. Not even this ....

image.png.a5e951bfab11bc8e09daae25827f2b82.png

We agree again. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, USFJustin said:

12 Wins

Wisconsin, GT, SC State, SMU, UCONN, BYU, Navy, ECU, Temple, Cincy, Memphis, and c.

Cronkrite 

St. Felix

USF 49 - c. 14

Also, we won’t make any ridiculous claims about being National Chumps.

Don't be so sure. I can think of at least two members of TBP who are capable of coming to that conclusion....

Edited by USFBulls727
  • Me no likey 1