• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

20 minutes ago, Brad said:

stop it neil patrick harris GIF

Those were years of fame, being the fastest program in history to those wonderful achievements you discount.  It was a great run that lasted years, not 15 minutes.  I guess it's been so long now, for some it fits the old, "I guess you had to be there."

I once blocked a shot of a 6'6" guy back in high school. It only lasted a second but I still see it my feeble old mind.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,876
  • Days Won:  67

Years may be a stretch, don’t remember any conf championships or finishing in the top 25.  Whether it is 15 minutes or an hour is irrelevant, the neighborhood changed and the white picket fences have been replaced with chain link and burglar bars.  No longer kids playing in the street, Instead just slangin and banging, no Gentrification in the near future so we focus on where we are now and make the best of it, sitting around reminiscing and thinking that we still live in a plush neighborhood is fruitless.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Years may be a stretch, don’t remember any conf championships or finishing in the top 25.  Whether it is 15 minutes or an hour is irrelevant, the neighborhood changed and the white picket fences have been replaced with chain link and burglar bars.  No longer kids playing in the street, Instead just slangin and banging, no Gentrification in the near future so we focus on where we are now and make the best of it, sitting around reminiscing and thinking that we still live in a plush neighborhood is fruitless.

Dude, it’s college football. Fire up the grill, crack open a beer and go watch your bulls beat a brand name team on August 30th. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

If they are easy to find please post a few.  I seriously didn't realize that USF alone begged to get UCF into the same conference. I thought that the remaining teams went to find some suitable schools to join the conference.

This is the part of Bruc’s cruise down memory lane that I just don’t see at all, that we were somehow responsible for the Kanigits being in our conference. I think it’s just an attempt, misguided though it is, to diss the ones who ran CJL out of town. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

23 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Bowl champion ain’t the same as a conference champion cuz. Not even close. The fact we have never ever really been close is a testament to how much more difficult it is...or it could be a testament to we have never ever really been that good to begin with. 

As Bulldozer said it's the totality of the work, even puc has agreed with that when he talked about how he had arguments with marketing people where there were 100 different things and they all had to work and it isn't just the one thing.

We have to dominate the AAC and win regularly, we also have to beat the P5 opponents. If we can't do both the one we can't do will be used to discount and disparage the one we do. We also have to have great academics.

22 hours ago, JTrue said:

This is sort of the position I've come around to on his posts. Is he even trolling or arguing with anyone? Has anyone on here EVER said winning the AAC would be the program's greatest accomplishment?

With all due respect to puc who I feel is a good guy and very passionate about the team he is presenting a false dichotomy with his set up of winning the P5 games or winning the AAC. We all know we need to be doing both regularly.

It's an interesting thought experiment for the summer but I don't think anybody is going to be happy beating P5 and pooping the conference bed or winning the conference and never beating a P5 team. But as I said, it's a false dichotomy, we don't have to choose one, both can be done. Maybe both won't be done but it is not an exclusive or.

For me, a loss to Tulane makes the GT win irrelevant.

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

God how I hate ucf. I hate their uniforms, their city, their campus, their colors, and of course their fans (minus Footfan on our board). I would be fine beating them and no other team. I mean, how can any of you say otherwise. Do you people actually hear the crap their fans say? Don’t you want revenge for the last two loses? Don’t you want to shut them up? Don’t want to slap the smirk off their players faces? Where are your balls? 

I haven't seen him around in a while. He's a good guy.

Their punk fans slashed the tires of Woolard. No matter what you think of his job as AD the fact that they slash the tires of rival teams' fans' cars shows what they are.

14 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Does this go on with every team's blog? If we visit SMU's message board, are we gonna see "We had the Pony Express. What are we messin' around with the AAC for?" Sounds like Napoleon Dynamite's uncle clinging to his glory days in here. Seriously, I hope there's at least a smidgeon of joking going on...

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Check the comments sometimes those rats find there way there sometime....

First rule of Internet Fight Club

NEVER READ THE COMMENTS!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

49 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This is the part of Bruc’s cruise down memory lane that I just don’t see at all, that we were somehow responsible for the Kanigits being in our conference. I think it’s just an attempt, misguided though it is, to diss the ones who ran CJL out of town. 

Brad + puc = Bruc?

• Haha 1