• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Al Bundy once rushed for 4 TDs against Andrew Johnson HS.

Of the very few Married with Children episodes I have seen, I did see one where he was reminiscing on that incredible accomplishment.  Good for Ted.  Just because he became fat and sedentary doesn't undo his accomplishment.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Of the very few Married with Children episodes I have seen, I did see one where he was reminiscing on that incredible accomplishment.  Good for Ted.  Just because he became fat and sedentary doesn't undo his accomplishment.  

He's a little like puc in that regard, he brings it up every chance he gets. It comes up about 4-5 times a season for 10 seasons.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

Do all historical revisionists think this way?

Ok , you are right, those years were gold Jerry gold!  The point that you missed is that we are not too good for this conference due to the perception that because of our past successes we are above every other team in this conference.  We are what we are, accept it.  Enjoy but don’t live in the past it makes for sad existence.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

17 minutes ago, Brad said:

USF obviously did not beg for UCF to enter.  But you should remember when there were rumors that JuJu and Dougie might act to keep them out, they immediately capitulated.  Bianchi exlcusion shamed Judy.  Worried about her own public image she went on to eliminate any resistance to UCF barging their way in - just like UCF has aggressively done for years.  We bend over and grab our ankles, as usual.

Disclaimer: The following is based on a very fuzzy memory.

The way I remember conversations going was that, supposedly, Judy was instrumental in keeping them out of the Big East early in the realignment flurry which, according to some could have, supposedly, salvaged a better football conference. Because they eventually did get in (which honestly, even though I hated it like poison, made sense at that point), you're assuming that we capitulated rather than just getting out voted for the good of the conference. I don't think there was anything we could have done at that point to keep them out so your ankle grabbing scenario is pretty much fantasy.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The point that you missed is that we are not too good for this conference due to the perception that because of our past successes we are above every other team in this conference.

You're missing the point.  No one is saying we deserve better, rather we need to get out.  Because of the aforementioned, it's easy to see how some would not place much value on AAC hardware.  Should we win it while we're there?  Why not?  Beats losing.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

21 minutes ago, Brad said:

USF obviously did not beg for UCF to enter.  But you should remember when there were rumors that JuJu and Dougie might act to keep them out, they immediately capitulated.  Bianchi "exlcusion shamed" Judy.  Worried about her own public image she went on to eliminate any resistance to UCF barging their way in - just like UCF has aggressively done for years.  We bend over and grab our ankles, as usual.

So we've had a new president for 13 days. What's his excuse?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

You're missing the point.  No one is saying we deserve better, rather we need to get out.  Because of the aforementioned, it's easy to see how some would not place much value on AAC hardware.  Should we win it while we're there?  Why not?  Beats losing.  

I know you guys get frustrated with this argument, just so I understand, we all agree we need to get out and we all agree we might as well win it while we are in it.  I do not want to go independent, rather stay in the AAC if no P5 calling.  Do you want to go independent if no P5 comes calling? If not, nobody will win the argument because we are all saying the same thing but just saying it differently.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grateful Dad said:

Part of this clash between those who keep talking about the atmosphere, excitement, buy-in, etc. of the past (at least for me) is addressing the changes supposedly necessary to have that atmosphere, according to some who didn't experience it.  What we are trying to tell others is that we don't need to change much.  We already had sell outs at Ray-Jay.  An OCS is not going to fix attendance.  Winning and especially big name wins gets people excited.  We never had a conference championship.  Yet we had sell outs, talked about on ESPN numerous times, Tampa lighting up in Gold and Green.  All that without a precious aluminum foil trophy.

We have basically all we need.  We don't need to fix what ain't broke.  Build the IPF and get on with it.  We did better in trailers, anyway.  Winning important games that people care about is what is missing.  We get that down and everyone will have the atmosphere that they crave.

I love what you're saying and certainly hope like hell you're right but, and I hate to go all puc on you, I don't think that atmosphere is probably ever coming back on a regular basis unless we get into a P5 ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I love what you're saying and certainly hope like hell you're right but, and I hate to go all puc on you, I don't think that atmosphere is probably ever coming back on a regular basis unless we get into a P5 ....

Wait 'til the Alabama game. The place will be full and loud.  May be mostly red shirts but still the atmosphere will be good.  And if we win a game or two before that (not sure which game of the year that will be) there could be some green shirts in the stands.

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Wait 'til the Alabama game. The place will be full and loud.  May be mostly red shirts but still the atmosphere will be good.  And if we win a game or two before that (not sure which game of the year that will be) there could be some green shirts in the stands.

That's why I included the bolded red part. There could be some Thanksgiving weekend games played for really high stakes that may approach that atmosphere also but they'll be outliers ...