• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

That's why I included the bolded red part. There could be some Thanksgiving weekend games played for really high stakes that may approach that atmosphere also but they'll be outliers ...

I gotcha.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The way I remember conversations going was that, supposedly, Judy was instrumental in keeping them out of the Big East early in the realignment flurry which, according to some could have, supposedly, salvaged a better football conference. Because they eventually did get in (which honestly, even though I hated it like poison, made sense at that point), you're assuming that we capitulated rather than just getting out voted for the good of the conference. I don't think there was anything we could have done at that point to keep them so your ankle grabbing scenario is pretty much fantasy.

At the demise of the Big East, yes.  Easy to find an article that as the Big East was transforming, the belief was Judy worked to keep them out.  That positioned changed.  In fact, you may remember she was called a liar, and all sorts of nastiness erupted from Orlando and Judy joined Doug in hiding under the bed.

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So we've had a new president for 13 days. What's his excuse?

Excuse for what?

17 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I know you guys get frustrated with this argument, just so I understand, we all agree we need to get out and we all agree we might as well win it while we are in it.  I do not want to go independent, rather stay in the AAC if no P5 calling.  Do you want to go independent if no P5 comes calling? If not, nobody will win the argument because we are all saying the same thing but just saying it differently.

This is a far more accurate representation, if we can agree winning the AAC is not the ultimate - it's just another step in right direction.  Although, I have dabbled in thoughts of independence from the moment the Big East turned.  I will be watching UConn closely.  But I'm not that serious about it.  If times change enough and there are no P5 openings, there might be a better schedule made as an indy.  I'm not against keeping that in mind.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

15 minutes ago, Brad said:

This is a far more accurate representation, if we can agree winning the AAC is not the ultimate - it's just another step in right direction.  Although, I have dabbled in thoughts of independence from the moment the Big East turned.  I will be watching UConn closely.  But I'm not that serious about it.  If times change enough and there are no P5 openings, there might be a better schedule made as an indy.  I'm not against keeping that in mind.

There might be more money as an indie, if you are willing to have few home games. Enough payday games might make up for conference tv money.

53 minutes ago, Brad said:

At the demise of the Big East, yes.  Easy to find an article that as the Big East was transforming, the belief was Judy worked to keep them out.  That positioned changed.  In fact, you may remember she was called a liar, and all sorts of nastiness erupted from Orlando and Judy joined Doug in hiding under the bed.

Excuse for what?

Not getting us in a P5.  It was a joke.

34 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

There might be more money as an indie, if you are willing to have few home games. Enough payday games might make up for conference tv money.

But not really a way to build a fan base. Hell, you could play all your games on the road, pick up a million per and not have to pay rent on RayJay.  Might hurt trying to tell local recruits that you can play in front of your family.  But WTH.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,594
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Disclaimer: The following is based on a very fuzzy memory.

The way I remember conversations going was that, supposedly, Judy was instrumental in keeping them out of the Big East early in the realignment flurry which, according to some could have, supposedly, salvaged a better football conference. Because they eventually did get in (which honestly, even though I hated it like poison, made sense at that point), you're assuming that we capitulated rather than just getting out voted for the good of the conference. I don't think there was anything we could have done at that point to keep them out so your ankle grabbing scenario is pretty much fantasy.

2 hours ago, Brad said:

IF the position changed, I'm sure it was because she saw the inevitability of it happening, with nothing USF could do about it. Either way,  keeping up this mantra about us letting them in, giving them a hand up is, at best, disingenuous ......... and as far as J and D hiding under the bed, it's the perfect place to hide from an invasion of dickweeds.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, Brad said:

Poor current performance is not an accurate determinant of historical performance.  You should stop trying to whitewash past years in order to normalize the current situation.

Historical performance sucked...how’s that? We’ve won no championships because Jimbo could not get the needed depth. 

You’ve expressed that as your view on multiple occasions. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

24 minutes ago, Brad said:

You’ve expressed that as your view on multiple occasions. 

He was unable to do that and that is a fact.  Was it the lack of facilities, lack of OCS, lack of tradition, fan base, etc or was it Jim?  I always thought it was everything else but Jim.