• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

I'm predicting 11-1 regular season with wins over UCF, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech. 

I give the program an A on addressing needs and staff. 

Please give your prediction on W-L's  and how you feel about the following below:

1. State of the Program- I think that CCS needs to be on Defense full time and leave all of the offense and special teams to KB. CCS has the chops for defense and needs to so called get off the bus blitzing. Through the infusion of players from P5 programs, we have depth unseen in these parts. Linebackers were going to be a big problem for us, but through development and transfers, it now has become a plus instead of a minus. I am confident that the offense will put up 35 on Wisconsin. I think since CCS has always had awful special teams, let KB run the entire special teams unit, period! I was probably more concerned about the secondary than I was the lb's, but with Studstill and Barnett eligible I feel we have a real chance to be solid. I liked what I saw out of Evans and hope Sails is eligible. Now, just take a look at the weight that has been added upfront on defense, now we have some players that can wreak havoc on the edges and hold their ground up the middle. Something tells me that our ends will be the best in the conference and we certainly have addressed that through the portal. I mean we can be real special at that position. 

2. Transfers- CCS did exactly what I thought and even added a few more surprises. I like Thaxton, Burnett,Studstill, Slade, Jones, Sails, Macon and Trice. I am hoping to get a surprise on the OL. All of the D transfers are instant impact if eligible. 

• Upvote 2
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

History suggests that we hit with about 1 out of every 5 or 6 transfers that come our way. Maybe that will be different with the transfer portal, but, more often than not, these guys end up being misses rather than hits. For every MVS we have had there are about 5 Brandon Boyces and Marquies Prices. 

Everything is an incomplete until the season starts and we can actually begin to judge this team, the coaches, and CCS's performance. I have no issue with the hires and some of the players he has brought into the mix are exciting. Recruiting seems to be going quite well. We seem to have most of the ingredients needed to have a good/great season, but now it is up to CCS and company to mix them all together and produce a great finished product. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,264
  • Days Won:  25

8-4

We improve by one win.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

If we don't do better than 7-5, this season will be looked at as a HUGE disappointment! CCS time with USF will be coming to an end soon if that is our fate...

I see a 9 win season, looking for a 2 game improvement with this team is very realistic in my opinion. 

Go Bulls! 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

As I stated in another thread, I am predicting 7-5, with the five losses coming against Wisconsin, GA Tech, an upset loss at Navy and losses to Cincinnati and ucf.  Charlie will get a fourth year but will enter 2020 on the hotseat.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

50 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

I'm predicting 11-1 regular season with wins over UCF, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech. 

I give the program an A on addressing needs and staff. 

Please give your prediction on W-L's  and how you feel about the following below:

1. State of the Program- I think that CCS needs to be on Defense full time and leave all of the offense and special teams to KB. CCS has the chops for defense and needs to so called get off the bus blitzing. Through the infusion of players from P5 programs, we have depth unseen in these parts. Linebackers were going to be a big problem for us, but through development and transfers, it now has become a plus instead of a minus. I am confident that the offense will put up 35 on Wisconsin. I think since CCS has always had awful special teams, let KB run the entire special teams unit, period! I was probably more concerned about the secondary than I was the lb's, but with Studstill and Barnett eligible I feel we have a real chance to be solid. I liked what I saw out of Evans and hope Sails is eligible. Now, just take a look at the weight that has been added upfront on defense, now we have some players that can wreak havoc on the edges and hold their ground up the middle. Something tells me that our ends will be the best in the conference and we certainly have addressed that through the portal. I mean we can be real special at that position. 

2. Transfers- CCS did exactly what I thought and even added a few more surprises. I like Thaxton, Burnett,Studstill, Slade, Jones, Sails, Macon and Trice. I am hoping to get a surprise on the OL. All of the D transfers are instant impact if eligible. 

1. UN--Duh-feeted baby! If we are able to beat UCF, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech, then I would be highly disappointed if we lost to anybody else this season.

2. CCS has a good enough staff that he can simply play his part as the Project Manager of the team, while his coordinators do the leg work. I feel that all of the coaching additions are better X and O's coaches, as well as better recruiters. I don't remember Gilbert and Maddox lighting up the recruiting trail.  KB, Steve Ellis and Spicer came in recruiting from the start. 

3. Our defense got bigger and more experienced. I went through the film of all of our defensive players and we have way too much talent not to do well this year. We also picked up pretty awesome transfers. Names of incoming impact players - Tyrik Jones and Thomas Nance  (I feel will be a 1st or 2nd round draft pick). They shall do well in addition to the transfers. 

4. Special teams - I think the team is so deep that we will be playing much better athletes for special teams. Remember the name "Camp Gobbler" he will be a star on special teams. 

5. O-line - I said this in another post. This shall be our most surprising improvement on the team. I feel freshman Matthew McDuffie plays a lot his freshman year. 

6. 2019 our year. The whole vibe has changed and players are starting to remember how much talent they have. Conditioning was one of our main issues last year and this off season it seems to have been addressed. From the photos I've seen everybody passes the "eye test" which was many people's  complaint last year. 

I can't wait for fall camp to start. It started August 3rd last year, so we have a few  more weeks. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

7-5 +/- 2 games

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8-4 +/- 1 game

A solid 3rd place finish in the division and the ability to say the 2019 team was better than the 2018 team.

9-3 would make me happy and isn't completely out of the question, but I could see us never quite clicking on offense or defense and going 7-5 just as easily.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Until I see improved attitude and performance from the top I have no predictions. NOT a CCS hater, just absolutely NOT a CCS believer.

• Upvote 3