• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Wait, did Bridgewater play defense?

These threads always are.

Louisville had 2 first round picks on the defensive side in the 2014 draft. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Since you clearly missed the game I attached a link to the hight lights for you.  If you want to watch the complete game, it's available.  They  were a defensive team that season.  Bridgewater threw for 266 with 2 TDs and and int.  Their defense was really good that season so I'm not sure what you're getting at.  Bridgewater was good but they were a complete team.  His numbers weren't anything ridiculous, just consistent.  I think you do some misremembering to justify your dislike for coach Strong.  Makes me wonder... 

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Some one very well known in the local football and sports community, that said to me his feeling (so not fact).   He is very high on Charlie and said he just sees a change in him.  

I think he just got comfortable with his guys.  He was still feeling the team out and we had some attitude problems.  Right after he got the job a local judge blamed him for one of Taggart did.   Player was also arrested for ****... I mean he had a lot to not be happy about.  The Taggart years saw some sketchy guys get a shot. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I think he just got comfortable with his guys.  He was still feeling the team out and we had some attitude problems.  Right after he got the job a local judge blamed him for one of Taggart did.   Player was also arrested for ****... I mean he had a lot to not be happy about.  The Taggart years saw some sketchy guys get a shot. 

Getting Adams Gilbert, Mattox, and Cogdill outta here did more than anything. They were poisoning the program in a number of ways on and off the field.... 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Getting Adams Gilbert, Mattox, and Cogdill outta here did more than anything. They were poisoning the program in a number of of ways on an off the field.... 

I completely agree.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Getting Adams Gilbert, Mattox, and Cogdill outta here did more than anything. They were poisoning the program in a number of ways on and off the field.... 

You would think Strong would have known not to bring those guys with him from Austin (Iforget if Cogdill was at UT with him, but I know Gilbert and Mattox were).  That is on him. Strong knew what he was getting with those guys.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, Calibull said:

But that Louisville defense that smacked down Florida that year was pretty stout. Even before that game.

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

Since you clearly missed the game I attached a link to the hight lights for you.  If you want to watch the complete game, it's available.  They  were a defensive team that season.  Bridgewater threw for 266 with 2 TDs and and int.  Their defense was really good that season so I'm not sure what you're getting at.  Bridgewater was good but they were a complete team.  His numbers weren't anything ridiculous, just consistent.  I think you do some misremembering to justify your dislike for coach Strong.  Makes me wonder..

First, I have no freaking clue where you're getting the notion that I dislike Strong from. I've got no problem with him at all up to this point ....... Second, what I was getting at is all we've been hearing from the real CCS haters is that he owed all his success at Louisville to Teddy Bridgewater.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

12 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

The only reason I am very positive about this season is that I think Charlie "saw the light"  He was not happy here the first 2 seasons, but now realizes he is not getting a job at a P5 and wants to prove himself  and has a lot of pride.   I also have been very impressed with Bell the couple of times I met him.   This offense may not click from game one, but I don't think Wisky is that good and our speed will surprise them. GT will not beat us. They don't have the personal yet for the offense.     I think we lose 2 games  but beat UCiF

11 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

Some one very well known in the local football and sports community, that said to me his feeling (so not fact).   He is very high on Charlie and said he just sees a change in him.  

It took him two years to "see the light"? So now he has pride and wants to prove himself? I'm sorry, but that, IMO, is BULL💩 and my reason to not believe in his headcoaching ability. I do hope your "Some one very well known in the local football and sports community" knows what he's talking about.

11 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

9 hours ago, USFRaider said:

You would think Strong would have known not to bring those guys with him from Austin (Iforget if Cogdill was at UT with him, but I know Gilbert and Mattox were).  That is on him. Strong knew what he was getting with those guys.

Did they all just have bad attitudes when they got to USF, or were they a major part of the dumpster fire CCS created in Texas? And it took him how many years and two different schools to figure it out?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

I'm not only happy that we got new coaches, but we upgraded big time. Adams Gilbert, Mattox, and Cogdill are a distant memory. I'm also over last year. Things happen for a reason. The motivation it has provided is evident in their summer conditioning and enthusiasm.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

12 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I wish they would make a prediction thread and have it pinned for the entire season. I'll be the first to add to it: no less than 8-4 this season....

I think not only is that an awesome idea, but make it an annual thread.