• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8-4. Wins over GT, SC State, SMU, Uconn, Navy, ECU, Temple, and ucf. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

History suggests that we hit with about 1 out of every 5 or 6 transfers that come our way. Maybe that will be different with the transfer portal, but, more often than not, these guys end up being misses rather than hits. For every MVS we have had there are about 5 Brandon Boyces and Marquies Prices. 

Everything is an incomplete until the season starts and we can actually begin to judge this team, the coaches, and CCS's performance. I have no issue with the hires and some of the players he has brought into the mix are exciting. Recruiting seems to be going quite well. We seem to have most of the ingredients needed to have a good/great season, but now it is up to CCS and company to mix them all together and produce a great finished product. 

I'd say we've done better than just 1 out of every 5 or six... since Taggart and Strong that is.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8-4 but we're competitive to the end in every single game except the Wisconsin game (they pull away in the second half ala the firs Dalvin Cook game) 

Losses

Wisconsin 

Cinci

BYU

Memphis 

We only improve by 1 win but we look a whole hell of a lot better doing it and lose a few close games.   

Edited by Bull Dozer

3 hours ago, Corey lea said:

I'm predicting 11-1 regular season with wins over UCF, Wisconsin and Georgia Tech. 

I give the program an A on addressing needs and staff. 

Please give your prediction on W-L's  and how you feel about the following below:

1. State of the Program- I think that CCS needs to be on Defense full time and leave all of the offense and special teams to KB. CCS has the chops for defense and needs to so called get off the bus blitzing. Through the infusion of players from P5 programs, we have depth unseen in these parts. Linebackers were going to be a big problem for us, but through development and transfers, it now has become a plus instead of a minus. I am confident that the offense will put up 35 on Wisconsin. I think since CCS has always had awful special teams, let KB run the entire special teams unit, period! I was probably more concerned about the secondary than I was the lb's, but with Studstill and Barnett eligible I feel we have a real chance to be solid. I liked what I saw out of Evans and hope Sails is eligible. Now, just take a look at the weight that has been added upfront on defense, now we have some players that can wreak havoc on the edges and hold their ground up the middle. Something tells me that our ends will be the best in the conference and we certainly have addressed that through the portal. I mean we can be real special at that position. 

2. Transfers- CCS did exactly what I thought and even added a few more surprises. I like Thaxton, Burnett,Studstill, Slade, Jones, Sails, Macon and Trice. I am hoping to get a surprise on the OL. All of the D transfers are instant impact if eligible. 

I'm stuck between 8-4 and 9-3. I for one thing we'll beat Wisconsin, Ga Tech, and BYU... we just always do something to blow conference games and I don't know which, if any, we'll not show up for.  I think there be dramatic improvement on both sides of the ball.  I think if things break right we could end up winning 11 games.  But realistically I think either 8-4 or 9-3.  I do think we beat ucf this year too,

We have done exceptionally well with transfers and I don't think that will stop, nor should it.

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

We were giving Cinci everything they could handle in the first half of the game before we imploded, they are playing in Tampa that is a win. Wisconsin is slower then a cement turtle, our speed will give us a shot we just have to be able to defend the run. We will beat UCF this year, they caught us on a decline after losing  about 4 in a row, plus they don't have their all everything QB. We will beat GT, we have a better team this year and they are switching systems its kind of hard to see them being really good running a traditional offense with option personnel. Only team worries me really is Memphis, overall I think we lose two or less and we capture our first divisional championship.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,209
  • Days Won:  25

37 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

8-4. Wins over GT, SC State, SMU, Uconn, Navy, ECU, Temple, and ucf. 

I projected 8-4 and I am changing out GT for Wisconsin. I think GT and Collins will have revenge on their mind.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Until I see improved attitude and performance from the top I have no predictions. NOT a CCS hater, just absolutely NOT a CCS believer.

Succinctly put and I absolutely concur.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

I'd say we've done better than just 1 out of every 5 or six... since Taggart and Strong that is.   

Strong has shown he can coach in the AAC...was remarkably awesome in the last 2 years...capping a win over Florida in the Sugar Bowl. I think he now has found his groove in getting talent in here

We will simply out athlete most teams while getting our stars up for the big games. I predict this years defense will be the best he has fielded as a head coach and definitely the best complete offense. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

55 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I projected 8-4 and I am changing out GT for Wisconsin. I think GT and Collins will have revenge on their mind.

Could happen but GT is installing a completely different system (no more option). It’s unlikely they have the players to do that. I like our chances in Atlanta. 

29 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Strong has shown he can coach in the AAC...was remarkably awesome in the last 2 years...capping a win over Florida in the Sugar Bowl. I think he now has found his groove in getting talent in here

We will simply out athlete most teams while getting our stars up for the big games. I predict this years defense will be the best he has fielded as a head coach and definitely the best complete offense. 

Yeah... I do think we'll have the best defense we've had in some time at USF.  But that Louisville defense that smacked down Florida that year was pretty stout. Even before that game.  If we could get close to replicating that, we'll win a lot of games.