• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

On 7/12/2019 at 12:37 AM, USFBulls727 said:

I guess the attitude is that we're too good for this crap conference.

Aspire to be like St. Thomas

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2019/05/24/university-st-thomas-kicked-out-sports-league-after-winning-too-many-games

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

By competing against lower competition? I’m pretty sure we could win D-2 championships on the regular, I don’t think anyone would see that as a major accomplishment. Hell maybe we can try competing against schools in Canada and Mexico and call ourselves world champions, since clearly winning is more important than actual competition we can even consider just having intramural teams and assure ourselves of a yearly championship. 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

This was a really interesting article.  I was expecting to come away feeling one way and the opposite happened.  

These schools were looking out for the welfare of their students and did not wish to get into an arms race with one school that was double in size and spending twice as much.

My avatar is of my son playing lacrosse in a rec league.  The games are competitive and they have an overall champion at the end of the year based on standing and outcomes from the jamboree.  That being said there is also a travel league that is hard core with kids that want to get a scholarship and make a career professionally out of playing lacrosse*. 

The goals of both leagues are totally different and when a travel team (and this does occur) joins a rec league to fill in time on their schedule it tends to ruins it for everyone else in the rec league.  These kids are cherry picked from across the region and play all year round an the games are not competitive.  It turns into a glorified practice for the travel league team.

*You can't make a career out of lacrosse that was partially in jest but I am not sure anyone ever told these people.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, MMW said:

This was a really interesting article.  I was expecting to come away feeling one way and the opposite happened.  

These schools were looking out for the welfare of their students and did not wish to get into an arms race with one school that was double in size and spending twice as much.

My avatar is of my son playing lacrosse in a rec league.  The games are competitive and they have an overall champion at the end of the year based on standing and outcomes from the jamboree.  That being said there is also a travel league that is hard core with kids that want to get a scholarship and make a career professionally out of playing lacrosse*. 

The goals of both leagues are totally different and when a travel team (and this does occur) joins a rec league to fill in time on their schedule it tends to ruins it for everyone else in the rec league.  These kids are cherry picked from across the region and play all year round an the games are not competitive.  It turns into a glorified practice for the travel league team.

*You can't make a career out of lacrosse that was partially in jest but I am not sure anyone ever told these people.

What ever happened to he indoor lacrosse league that used to be on espn late at night and took place in what looked like hockey rinks? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

What ever happened to he indoor lacrosse league that used to be on espn late at night and took place in what looked like hockey rinks? 

Some form of it is still around?   https://www.nll.com/

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I am more of a MLL fan now that the Rochester Rattlers relocated to Frisco last year.  The buzz around town is deafening, maybe I will start a thread breaking down the recent draft and my projections for the upcoming year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I don’t know that my goal is to make people recognize that they should be miserable or that I have any discernible goal or purposeful fight, I am just tilting at windmills. I feel most of my responses are backlash against what I see as slights against things I see as greater accomplishments and hero’s by people pining for things I see as less valuable and that they are exalting for reasons I believe are simply because they haven’t happened as yet. If you want to believe that winning the aac is the bees knees who am I to tell you differently? But if you think it’s foolish to believe simply competing in a power conference is better than winning the self proclaimed sixth best conference or that CJL isn’t our greatest coach by every single measurable simply because he didn’t win a conference championship in the roughly 7 opportunities he got while constantly moving our team up levels before getting a chance to settle in much less dropping down levels as we have recently done I’m going to have something to say about that because while you are trying to convince me it’s a Michelin star meal it looks and smells a lot like **** to me. I want us to win every single game and simply put a little more value on brand name games people are more passionate about than I do ones I have notticed that they do not seem to. Some think we will gain more if we win the conference and do not beat the other more marquee games and if it happens I hope they are right but I’m inclined to believe that a conference championship with losses against anyone of note will also be for not and will be discounted and used as proof of the distance between the P6 and the P5 being an insurmountable schism much like how no one honestly believes UCF’s conference championship in CUSA was a major accomplishment or made their season better than ours when they won hardware and we did not for the BEAST but we beat the **** out of them 64-12. I really don’t understand how this isn’t universally accepted and can be seen as a hot take instead of the reality that it is.  

You've finally broken me down. I knew it was only a matter of time before the expansive use of words, and the seemingly disdain for the use of paragraphs, rendered me seeing that post in the following way ....

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

... and it's sad because there may, possibly, sparingly, be some legit words of wisdom buried in those posts but I just don't have it in me any longer to wade through them.

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You've finally broken me down. I knew it was only a matter of time before the expansive use of words, and the seemingly disdain for the use of paragraphs, rendered me seeing that post in the following way ....

... and it's sad because there may, possibly, sparingly, be some legit words of wisdom buried in those posts but I just don't have it in me any longer to wade through them.

For you I will go back and edit it. Especially because I feel my point is subtly different than how my passion and over posting characterizes it.

@Triple B

now in more readable form with paragraphs and smaller run on sentences:

I don’t know that my goal is to make people recognize that they should be miserable or that I have any discernible goal or purposeful fight, I am just tilting at windmills. I feel most of my responses are backlash against what I see as slights against things I see as greater accomplishments and hero’s by people pining for things I see as less valuable. They in my opinion are only exalting the AAC championship  simply because it hasn't happened as yet.

If you want to believe that winning the aac is the bees knees who am I to tell you differently? But if you think it’s foolish to believe simply competing in a power conference is better than winning the self proclaimed sixth best conference or that CJL isn’t our greatest coach by every single measurable simply because he didn’t win a conference championship in the roughly 7 opportunities he got (while constantly moving our team up levels before getting a chance to settle in much less dropping down levels as we have recently done); I’m going to have something to say about that because while you are trying to convince me it’s a Michelin star meal it looks and smells a lot like **** to me.

I want us to win every single game and simply put a little more value on brand name games people are more passionate about than I do ones I have noticed that they do not seem to. Some think we will gain more if we win the conference and do not beat the other more marquee games and if it happens I hope they are right.  I, unfortunately, am inclined to believe that a conference championship with losses against anyone of note will also be for not and will be discounted and used as proof of the distance between the P6 and the P5 being an insurmountable schism (much like how no one honestly believes UCF’s conference championship in CUSA was a major accomplishment or made their season better than ours when they won hardware and we did not for the BEAST but we beat the **** out of them 64-12).

I really don’t understand how this isn’t universally accepted and can be seen as a hot take instead of the reality that it is.  

48 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Maybe I will have to be on the look out for it, I found it more enjoyable than some of the other fringe sports programming.