• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

They have more of a reason to say we are not at their level, we have recently been their *****.  We need to get over ourselves and realize our shat does stink, it is putrid at times.

They have beaten us twice once on a last second kick return, and the game we played before that they were crying about us running up the score so it is not like they are some long running dynasty or beating us four times in a row or by scores like 64-12. There was a time we had rightly determined we had surpassed them and playing them was no longer in our best interest. For no reason of value to ourselves we have let them back into the game as is often the case when you do not kill off people gunning for you when you have the chance. The only thing they have done better than us is act in their own self interest while convincing us to go against ours. They are still the dreck we left at 0-4 and no more and that we have been dragged down has much to do with the fact you cant play with **** without getting some on you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

20 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

So....we're too good for them? They're not on our level?

17 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

They have more of a reason to say we are not at their level, we have recently been their *****.  We need to get over ourselves and realize our shat does stink, it is putrid at times.

9 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Exactly. I don't know his reasoning for not seeing them as a rival exactly, but hopefully it's not because he thinks we're above them. Anyone who thinks that truly hasn't moved on from 2007 and that 64-12 game. Any post stating that we're too good for them at this point has to be hilarious to their fans. My concern is that they eventually get a P5 invite and we don't.

No one has said we're "too good" for them. 

We linked ourselves to them and that is damning.  It was one in a series of bad plays by JuJu and Dougie.  

Yes we destroyed them in our prime, beat them four straight.  That should have been end of argument.  Those of you that weren't around, the vision was ALWAYS to be at the highest level, to beat the best.  It was never to make a rival out of those assclowns.

It then became the game by which we will be measured.  We did it to ourselves.  B league rivals.

I guess I'm in that small group that still believes that we can be so much more than a geographical accomplice for the AAC.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Exactly. I don't know his reasoning for not seeing them as a rival exactly, but hopefully it's not because he thinks we're above them. Anyone who thinks that truly hasn't moved on from 2007 and that 64-12 game. Any post stating that we're too good for them at this point has to be hilarious to their fans. My concern is that they eventually get a P5 invite and we don't.

Don’t fret my friend I am sure they will want to bring us along because they know how important a rival is and how well it worked out for us when we did it for them when we were in the exact position you fear they will have us in.

• Haha 1

You know who UCF is

spacer.png

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Brad said:

No one has said we're "too good" for them. 

We linked ourselves to them and that is damning.  It was one in a series of bad plays by JuJu and Dougie.  

Yes we destroyed them in our prime, beat them four straight.  That should have been end of argument.  Those of you that weren't around, the vision was ALWAYS to be at the highest level, to beat the best.  it was never to make a rival out of those assclowns.

It then became the game by which we will be measured.  We did it to ourselves.  B league rivals.

I guess I'm in that small group that still believes that can be so much more than a geographical accomplice for the AAC.

First you said:

"No one has said we're "too good" for them. "

Then you said:

"the vision was ALWAYS to be at the highest level, to beat the best.  it was never to make a rival out of those assclowns."

Sounds like you're trying to wish into existence that we're above them. This discussion keeps leading back to the good ol' days, and our mastery of them back then. I could see trying to move on to better things when we were in the Big East, and they were CUSA. That's long gone, and we are the most obvious, natural rivals of any two teams in our conference. Who do you think our rival is today?

Edited by USFBulls727

6 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

First you said:

"No one has said we're "too good" for them. "

Then you said:

"the vision was ALWAYS to be at the highest level, to beat the best.  it was never to make a rival out of those assclowns."

This is true.  Solid proof Leavitt (in the period he was embraced) never thought UCF was a rival.  They made all sorts of silly claims (marketing, if you will) about us being chickens and afraid.  Then we blew their doors off.  Over.  It should have been.  

Now, today, with a weaker program we embrace the UCF program and are in awe of them being better while we've gotten worse.

When our goal is beating them, we are defeated.  It may as well be FXU or FAMU for that matter.

We may be getting close to figuring out why attendance has dropped off.  Who really wants to embrace a rivalry that is meaningless?  The potential real rivlary with WVU, yes?  Small ball with the tinmen, no.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, puc86 said:

How would I ever hear something their fans say?

It must suck living in a cave...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

This is true.  Solid proof Leavitt (in the period he was embraced) never thought UCF was a rival.  They made all sorts of silly claims (marketing, if you will) about us being chickens and afraid.  Then we blew their doors off.  Over.  It should have been.  

Now, today, with a weaker program we embrace the UCF program and are in awe of them being better while we've gotten worse.

When our goal is beating them, we are defeated.  It may as well be FXU or FAMU for that matter.

What you call awe I call hatred...I don’t give two ***** if they are a rival or not...that does not diminish my hatred. I just want to beat them and beat them bad. The entire college football world will rejoice in our success as they hate them too...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What you call awe I call hatred...I don’t give two ***** if they are a rival or not...that does not diminish my hatred. I just want to beat them and beat them bad. The entire college football world will rejoice in our success as they hate them too...

See, I can't find myself to hate them any more than SMU.  Bianchi, I don't like.  But the UCF football program?  uhhh..  nothing.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Does this go on with every team's blog? If we visit SMU's message board, are we gonna see "We had the Pony Express. What are we messin' around with the AAC for?" Sounds like Napoleon Dynamite's uncle clinging to his glory days in here. Seriously, I hope there's at least a smidgeon of joking going on...

Edited by USFBulls727
  • Upvote 2