• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am not trolling. Many believe this would be the greatest accomplishment in our history I happen to disagree. Ultimately we have to be pretty close to perfect to make it to a NY6 game and we all want to win every game and we cant actually pick which games to lose (if we could I happen to pick the P5 games over the AAC games for reasons I have stated that I do not understand how anyone could misconstrue as trolling). 

Strawman fallacy 

Just now, Triple B said:

This I have to agree with. Trolls post to rile up, and get a response out of, people. I don't think you give a **** if anybody ever responds to you and your 5,000 word posts are strictly some form of emotional therapy ....

Can't catch fish if the bait isn't in the water. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I still don't get it. You think 2-10 this year with wins over GT and Wisconsin is better than 11-2 with an AAC title and loses to GT and Wisconsin? And you think most people agree with this belief?

No I think a 10-2 year with wins over GT and Wisconsin, losing the AAC and not getting into a NY6 game is preferable to a 10-2 season with losses to Gtech and Wisconsin, winning the AAC and not getting into a NY6 game. In the first example we have 2 wins I put at a premium and in the second we have no wins I put at a premium but we receive a championship I give no inherent value. I have always assumed when people made the championship over quality win argument that they were talking about an exact exchange of games since there have been a couple of times where that would have made the difference so on 1:1 I think I have been abundantly clear, but on an exchange rate basis I am not sure what the number is but its definitely not 5:1 maybe 1.5:1 or instances like Alabama and rounding out the Big 3 with Florida I could go a bit higher.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This I have to agree with. Trolls post to rile up, and get a response out of, people. I don't think you give a **** if anybody ever responds to you and your 5,000 word posts are strictly some form of emotional therapy ....

Man, I tried to thumbs up this, but have exceeded my limit for the day. This **** is hilarious.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Can't catch fish if the bait isn't in the water. 

I don't know ....... If this is just trolling, he is the Roland Martin of the board and has relegated lob99 to rank amateurism.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

No I think a 10-2 year with wins over GT and Wisconsin, losing the AAC and not getting into a NY6 game is preferable to a 10-2 season with losses to Gtech and Wisconsin, winning the AAC and not getting into a NY6 game.

See, this is where you lose me. Are you just picking games you'd like us to win and then seeing if someone out there prefers another win for the sake of repeating how much you dislike the AAC?

I mean, what about 10-2, losses to GT and Wisconsin, we win the AAC, but we do make an NY6 bowl? 100% plausible scenario. Forget who we play in that set up and whether we win or lose. You'd say no to that just because...?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Strawman fallacy 

This is sort of the position I've come around to on his posts. Is he even trolling or arguing with anyone? Has anyone on here EVER said winning the AAC would be the program's greatest accomplishment?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

See, this is where you lose me. Are you just picking games you'd like us to win and then seeing if someone out there prefers another win for the sake of repeating how much you dislike the AAC?

I mean, what about 10-2, losses to GT and Wisconsin, we win the AAC, but we do make an NY6 bowl? 100% plausible scenario. Forget who we play in that set up and whether we win or lose. You'd say no to that just because...?

If that scenario were guaranteed, absolutely, but typically the debate is centered around a simple AAC championship vs big win exchange. I value an AAC championship as a means to something I would value but do not see it as extremely valuable in and of itself as others do. The big wins are valuable to me in and of themselves which is why it would be unfathomable to me to want to exchange something I value for something I do not (not that this is even possible). 

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

This is sort of the position I've come around to on his posts. Is he even trolling or arguing with anyone? Has anyone on here EVER said winning the AAC would be the program's greatest accomplishment?

They say "we have not won a championship so we have not accomplished anything" or "we haven't accomplished anything because our trophy case is empty(although it is not)", which is more than implying that this would be the ultimate accomplishment (one accomplishment is greater than none). Some people do not set out to drown themselves they only set out to swim until they sink and while they may not think that is exactly the same thing its hard for the people observing it to tell the subtle differences. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

They say "we have not won a championship so we have not accomplished anything" or "we haven't accomplished anything because our trophy case is empty(although it is not)", which is more than implying that this would be the ultimate accomplishment (one accomplishment is greater than none). Some people do not set out to drown themselves they only set out to swim until they sink and while they may not think that is exactly the same thing its hard for the people observing it to tell the subtle differences. 

When the strawman doesn't work, always double down on it

I guess if that's the trigger for you to knock out another paragraph on how the Big East > AAC, who am I to tell you not to enjoy yourself.