• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

26 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

You had me at: We could get a combined 69 million.

Except we likely wouldn't and probably couldn't. First, the media rights deal has to be tied to Oklahoma and Texas being part of the Big 12, I can't imagine a situation where it wouldn't be tied to the big 2. I am sure their network partners have the right to renegotiate in the event teams, especially those two, bolt. Second, a deal getting USF into the Big 12 would likely require the incoming member to get less than a full share of the TV deal, even if it were to remain at $35 million annually, which it almost assuredly wouldn't. USF would likely only receive what they could reasonably expect to have received from the AAC under that scenario. Third, any exit fee paid by Texas or Oklahoma will be split among the Big 12 remnants. Any new conference member wouldn't receive a dime of the GoR buyout. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

24 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Except we likely wouldn't and probably couldn't. First, the media rights deal has to be tied to Oklahoma and Texas being part of the Big 12, I can't imagine a situation where it wouldn't be tied to the big 2. I am sure their network partners have the right to renegotiate in the event teams, especially those two, bolt. Second, a deal getting USF into the Big 12 would likely require the incoming member to get less than a full share of the TV deal, even if it were to remain at $35 million annually, which it almost assuredly wouldn't. USF would likely only receive what they could reasonably expect to have received from the AAC under that scenario. Third, any exit fee paid by Texas or Oklahoma will be split among the Big 12 remnants. Any new conference member wouldn't receive a dime of the GoR buyout. 

From several pages back - ...the Big 12 lost 50% to 75% of its value, several industry sources tell CBS Sports. Their TV contracts with ESPN and Fox contain language that allows the Big 12 networks to reduce payouts if there is a loss of membership.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Is there a single person on this thread that would be able to be sold that if a portion of the AAC gets called up to the B12 and we were left behind that we would be best served joining CUSA and not rebuilding the AAC with whatever pieces remained and whoever we could backfill with? No one currently in the B12 will ever join the AAC because it would be the last thing that they do on the job and it would the first time anyone has moved down in Conferences since realignment began. It doesn’t matter the mental gymnastics anyone can try to come up with as to why it’s a good idea (it’s not) what matters is no one on the B12 side is going to be able to make that call so anyone wanting to be P6 is more than welcome to stay but anyone wanting to be a part of the newly rebranded P5 is going to have to jump ship.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Is there a single person on this thread that would be able to be sold that if a portion of the AAC gets called up to the B12 and we were left behind that we would be best served joining CUSA and not rebuilding the AAC with whatever pieces remained and whoever we could backfill with? No one currently in the B12 will ever join the AAC because it would be the last thing that they do on the job and it would the first time anyone has moved down in Conferences since realignment began. It doesn’t matter the mental gymnastics anyone can try to come up with as to why it’s a good idea (it’s not) what matters is no one on the B12 side is going to be able to make that call so anyone wanting to be P6 is more than welcome to stay but anyone wanting to be a part of the newly rebranded P5 is going to have to jump ship.

You might have mentioned this a time or two or 14 times before.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I don't know much, but I know puc doesn't 't ever repeat himself in his posts.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The irony is if you took out the redundancy from this thread, it would only total about 3 pages.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I wouldn’t have to if people would stop relying on dangerous disinformation. The B12 is screwed that much is sure but that doesn’t somehow translate into the AAC is now operating from a position of power it means it’s more screwed than the B12 and that everyone below the AAC is more screwed than them. Trust the science and the data.

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The irony is if you took out the redundancy from this thread, it would only total about 3 pages.  

The entire internet could probably fit on this message board if it wasn’t for repetition and discussion 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

13 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

I don't remember if it has been posted in here yet...and I cannot find the tweet right now. But one sports writer tweeted that with the TX/OU move there is essentially no Power 5 and G5 anymore.  It's the Power 2, mid-level conferences, and the also ran's.  

If the ACC wasn't Clemson and the 13 Dwarves, it might be 3 power conferences.  Nevertheless, With the ACC at #3, if a reconstituted B12 can at least match the success of the PAC12 in on the field results, it will be a solid mid-level conference.

Florida State is not a dwarf. They are a top 12 athletics department and spend and earn accordingly. Louisville is also top 25. 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Florida State is not a dwarf. They are a top 12 athletics department and spend and earn accordingly. Louisville is also top 25. 

A few down years, equals a dwarf I guess. You guys think we can get this thread to over 2k pages? Is there a limit to how many pages before this thread is full?

Also, @wesleywillis. You awfully quiet now 🤫