• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

Bottom line is, the remaining 8 B12 schools plus the top 2 - 4 AAC schools is a better conference than the AAC would be adding B12 teams...and will get more TV money than the AAC would get by adding B12 teams.

Think there is a clear top 5 in the AAC brand-value wise. Cincy, Houston, UCF, USF, and Memphis. Big 12 adds those 5 and BYU and that's a pretty good 14 team conference.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Kind of how I feel. Wouldn't be surprised if 10 years from now the SEC and BIG 10 each have 20 teams and the winner of each league plays in a championship. Then the best of the rest will have to figure out how to make their own conferences and basically be a different level of college football.

The key is not getting the distance between the conferences too great. Thus if we can put something together better than now that could work. All schools have limits on scholarships and a conference can’t get everybody who is good. The bigger concern is a super conference having more money to pay sponsors to play players. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Just now, bulloni said:

Think there is a clear top 5 in the AAC brand-value wise. Cincy, Houston, UCF, USF, and Memphis. Big 12 adds those 5 and BYU and that's a pretty good 14 team conference.

Agreed, that conference would still be light years behind the sec and Big10 but close to the ACC and PAC. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,948
  • Days Won:  12

5 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

Bottom line is, the remaining 8 B12 schools plus the top 2 - 4 AAC schools is a better conference than the AAC would be adding B12 teams...and will get more TV money than the AAC would get by adding B12 teams.

Not sure I follow. 

All of the AAC + All of the remaining Big 12 < Some of the AAC + All of the remaining Big 12

?

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I think that is the way most of us feel.  College football is on the decline and this will accelerate its demise.  I pretty much only follow and watch our team, take that from me and you can have it, Gave up the MLB and the NBA and don’t miss it at all and CFB will be next.  It really isn’t sour grapes but more of I just won’t find it interesting enough to follow closely if at all.  

If it’s meltdown for USF then yes I will be gone. My interest in MLB, NHL, and NFL has increased over the past few years so I am ready to jump to that full time if we get an even worse situation than now. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Although the problem a this moment in time is we are at the bottom.  😄 😳

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

Yes...because you would be getting rid of the bottom of the AAC and dividing the TV money among fewer schools.

It really is that simple especially when you factor that you don’t have to only draw from the AAC. Better teams + best of teams- least of teams is much better than let’s be stronger together + anyone willing to go slumming. There is no serious path where a group of B12 teams comes to the AAC as everyone at those institutions will be fired and anyone that wasn’t going to be left behind in the AAC gets diminished benefit from being United.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Although the problem a this moment in time is we are at the bottom.  😄 😳

Only hope is a package deal with c, attractive road trips for the other members.    We got a chance but it is slim, the exodus of the big 12 will be fast and furious. We will be left on the wall like poindexter as the rest of teams find a partner.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If it’s meltdown for USF then yes I will be gone. My interest in MLB, NHL, and NFL has increased over the past few years so I am ready to jump to that full time if we get an even worse situation than now. 

I seriously only follow football both college and the NFL.  I have been a Raiders fan since birth, through three cities and highs and lows.  I became a USF fan because that is where I attended college and received both my bachelors and masters degrees.  The early 2000's started me turning away slowly from the Raiders towards USF football more and more, but the past three our four years I have been slowly getting back more into Raiders football, and now when I check my sports news every day, I check Raiders news first and USF football news second.  As I have said 100 times, at least in the NFL all 32 teams have a shot at the Super Bowl and there is a salary cap.  If USF football gets left behind again, I am gone for good.

• Upvote 1