• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,872
  • Days Won:  67

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

Butt hurt ...... hardly. Didn’t want to play them when we were ahead of them and not playing. Didn't want to play them when ahead of them and playing them. Didn't want to play them when at same level and had to. Don't want to play them when they're at a higher level. Would be peachy keen if we never had to face those dickheads in anything ever again. 

This argument has always lacked merit and is silly.  If you hate another team then that is what constitutes a rivalry, proximity and similarities make it a no brainer. If you are scared to interact with them, don’t attend the game and watch it on TV.  Most of our fans would enjoy the contest.

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

37 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

This argument has always lacked merit and is silly.  If you hate another team then that is what constitutes a rivalry,

I guess everybody has their own definition of a "rivalry". Does me just hating the Gators make that a rivalry .... don't be silly. To be a rivalry, you have to play and if we get back in the same conference and have to play them, it's back to a rivalry in that regard ..... but I couldn't give a rat's ass if we ever play them again. That has nothing to do with them passing us by, which is what my response was to.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,427
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

This argument has always lacked merit and is silly.  If you hate another team then that is what constitutes a rivalry, proximity and similarities make it a no brainer. If you are scared to interact with them, don’t attend the game and watch it on TV.  Most of our fans would enjoy the contest.

We need to get some revenge on them for the Strong and Scott  era.  Wait ucf isn't going to invite usf into the b12 to build usf up to a better conference?

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,872
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I guess everybody has their own definition of a "rivalry". Does me just hating the Gators make that a rivalry .... don't be silly. To be a rivalry, you have to play and if we get back in the same conference and have to play them, it's back to a rivalry in that regard ..... but I couldn't give a rat's ass if we ever play them again. That has nothing to do with them passing us by, which is what my response was to.

You selectively removed the rest of my definition about similarities and proximity.  If you didn’t  think we were rivals then you were living under a rock. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

We need to get some revenge on them for the Strong and Scott  era.  Wait ucf isn't going to invite usf into the b12 to build usf up to a better conference?

If the Big 12 as a whole decides that adding USF makes sense for them, UCF will be powerless

Adding UCF to the Big East/AAC back in the day was a good move for the conference.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

If the Big 12 as a whole decides that adding USF makes sense for them, UCF will be powerless

Adding UCF to the Big East/AAC back in the day was a good move for the conference.

It was a good move for the teams that got out of the AAC Cinncinatti, Houston, SMU, and UCF. It was a terrible move for USF football. It has only lowered our brand and made the program worse.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

21 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

You selectively removed the rest of my definition about similarities and proximity.  If you didn’t  think we were rivals then you were living under a rock. 

No rock dweller here. We were definite rivals while in the AAC together.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It was a good move for the teams that got out of the AAC Cinncinatti, Houston, SMU, and UCF. It was a terrible move for USF football. It has only lowered our brand and made the program worse.

The fact that we got left behind has nothing to do with UCF. Had we remained a top tier team starting in the second year of Strong, we would likely be in the Big 12 now.

The additions of SMU, Houston, and UCF at the time made the AAC the 6th best conference in the country during their time. So their additions benefited the conference as a whole. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, belgianbull said:

The fact that we got left behind has nothing to do with UCF. Had we remained a top tier team starting in the second year of Strong, we would likely be in the Big 12 now.

The additions of SMU, Houston, and UCF at the time made the AAC the 6th best conference in the country during their time. So their additions benefited the conference as a whole. 

I guess if you care about maoing the aac look better , which i dont. I only care about usf and sucks we are here still. It was the ack of investing in athletics by judy and bad coaching hires is the reason we are still in the Aac. Holtz failed here but was successful every where else. Tags was a bad coach and road his  legendary recruting class to get rich and exposed as a headcoach.  Strong never wanted be here and failed to turn it around.  Sadly he is one of three winning football coaches at Usf. Scott was the worsy usf coach ever. Golesh turned it around in year 1 and hopefully can keep moving the program forward. The only way out the Aac is to beat the teams on your schedule and make a case for USF football to any power conference that is interested. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

Butt hurt ...... hardly. Didn’t want to play them when we were ahead of them and not playing. Didn't want to play them when ahead of them and playing them. Didn't want to play them when at same level and had to. Don't want to play them when they're at a higher level. Would be peachy keen if we never had to face those dickheads in anything ever again. 

Fair enough. I forget about the old timer perspective. I came around after they were already playing. 

Edited by Sk00b
Not sure how to word that but yall that have been around before football and during the early days.