• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

From 12 years ago…. I guess it really is “just a matter of time”.  Amazing how slow that crap moves 

At this rate, we maybe in the AAC in over a decade from now, college sports may have collapased completely as we know it, or we may earn our way back to a power conference. I only want to see option three.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

On 4/27/2024 at 6:55 PM, Triple B said:

First, Leavitt didn’t consider them a rival. Second, one of LRS’s few mistakes was scheduling those assclowns in the first place. 

LRS didn't schedule them per se. 

When the 5 schools left C-USA bound for the Big East, a negociated package for the schools allowed us all to pay reduced exit fees if we agreed to play home and homes with C-USA in football and MBB. (just MBB for Marquette and DePaul) C-USA cashed that chip in to get the first 4 football games with UCF. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  680
  • Days Won:  0

I'm just excited for both CFB and MBB to start this season so that we can crush everyone in our league and then get invited to the B10.

Just win. And keep winning. Need to be on prime time television consistently (not **** the bed) then the dominoes will collapse.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,545
  • Days Won:  3

20 minutes ago, M50_BULL said:

I'm just excited for both CFB and MBB to start this season so that we can crush everyone in our league and then get invited to the B10.

Just win. And keep winning. Need to be on prime time television consistently (not **** the bed) then the dominoes will collapse.

We are so good at ******** the bed, we would be playing Tennessee (this is our year) every year in the ******** the Bed National Championship.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  680
  • Days Won:  0

47 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

We are so good at ******** the bed, we would be playing Tennessee (this is our year) every year in the ******** the Bed National Championship.

Yes some would say that we are the best at ******** the bed so I think we would be favored in that championship. Really telling of the post Leavitt coaching. At least during CJL we only half soiled our bed so we could still roll over and sleep on the non **** side. Nowadays it's on the walls floor just everywhere, but Goach and CAAR have their Clorox wipes and have been working on scrubbing the past.

FAU (MBB) game and Syracuse (bowl) game could have be our Depends where we no longer make a mess...

Holy ****, I just took a second to read what I wrote and it's an absolute **** show. LMAO. Happy Monday.

Edited by M50_BULL
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

When the 5 schools left C-USA bound for the Big East, a negociated package for the schools allowed us all to pay reduced exit fees if we agreed to play home and homes with C-USA in football and MBB. (just MBB for Marquette and DePaul) C-USA cashed that chip in to get the first 4 football games with UCF. 

So it sounds like we were obligated to play them.  

But even if we weren't, they were VERY popular games and highly attended.  By that reason alone the games should have happened - the fans wanted it.

Unless the argument around here is for some esoteric reason that only makes sense on a message boards, we should not play a team down the road because it would give them a small advantage. 

If we didn't play them it would seem like we were afraid to play them for some reason.  I think there was some truth to that.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, MMW said:

But even if we weren't, they were VERY popular games and highly attended.  By that reason alone the games should have happened - the fans wanted it.

Unless the argument around here is for some esoteric reason that only makes sense on a message boards, we should not play a team down the road because it would give them a small advantage. 

If we didn't play them it would seem like we were afraid to play them for some reason.  I think there was some truth to that.  

Personally I believe that we should play them every year; whether we are in the same conference or not.

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

54 minutes ago, MMW said:

Absolutely. Every day I try to remind a few of their fans on twitter that we are their rival. I am 100% in favor of playing them in every sport as often as possible. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

On 4/27/2024 at 6:55 PM, Triple B said:

First, Leavitt didn’t consider them a rival. Second, one of LRS’s few mistakes was scheduling those assclowns in the first place. 

7 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Sorry, Mike, but that doesn't seem to jibe with the actual timeline. The first games were apparently set in 2003 while they were still in the MAC and we were getting ready for our first year in CUSA, per this article. CJL's awesome reaction:

"I'm focused on summer workouts, (the 2003 opener at) Alabama and Conference USA. I'll focus on UCF when the time comes," Leavitt said. "I live day to day. I hope I'm alive when we play them."

And I'm maybe a little fuzzy about this but didn't we go to them in the early days to schedule and they declined ...... which would explain some of Jim's warm and fuzzy about them?

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, MMW said:

Fans can't as a group make good decisions in the best interest of the program.  But I hear ya. 

However, a large part of the attraction was USF avoiding the tinmen for so long. 

We didn't want to be them and that's exactly what happened.