• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, aroth said:

Imagine SMU agreeing to accept nothing and having to pay to get out to got to the B12. For having a bunch of rich alumni this sure would be a bad financial move. 

What would massively suck for them is if the ACC falls apart before they even get ACC tv payout. But I think some version of the ACC will survive.

If I'm the Big 12 though and ACC teams are calling, SMU isn't one I'm taking. They're still fresh from the G5 world. Obviously I have some bias as a UCF fan, but I don't think SMU did anything impressive on the field like the 4 G5 that the Big 12 took. They've been okay to good in the last 5 years and only just won their first conference title since they got hit with the death penalty. They bought their way in.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,869
  • Days Won:  67

33 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

What would massively suck for them is if the ACC falls apart before they even get ACC tv payout. But I think some version of the ACC will survive.

If I'm the Big 12 though and ACC teams are calling, SMU isn't one I'm taking. They're still fresh from the G5 world. Obviously I have some bias as a UCF fan, but I don't think SMU did anything impressive on the field like the 4 G5 that the Big 12 took. They've been okay to good in the last 5 years and only just won their first conference title since they got hit with the death penalty. They bought their way in.

Agreed, that and they are another Texas team, the big 12 needs that like a hole in the head.  They saturated that market and have no use for SMU.  The big 12 and the ACC without FSU, Clemson/NC are still in the same boat as the big 12 without Ok/TX.  a hodgepodge of **** that doesn’t smell as bad as the AAC but is still a much lower tier then the big 2.  This thread may get to 4k or even 5k however it is getting tired, almost on life support.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  156
  • Days Won:  1

41 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

If the ACC falls apart signifying USF is stuck in the G5 seeing SMU come crawling back to the AAC would be the only highlight for me. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,869
  • Days Won:  67

59 minutes ago, aroth said:

If the ACC falls apart signifying USF is stuck in the G5 seeing SMU come crawling back to the AAC would be the only highlight for me. 

Why, Who hates SMU, who cares about SMU? They are forgettable and provide me no pleasure in spending purgatory with these clowns. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,636
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, aroth said:

Sorry, we're good in the AAC.  Maybe your rich donors can fund independence?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  842

SMU receives a full share if someone leaves the conference. The second FSU wiggles free - they become a full-share member. 

AG Moody sued the ACC for disclosure over their tv contract today (yesterday?). That situation is accelerating. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,908

247SPORTS.COM

Florida's state attorney general accuses the ACC of 'wrongfully withholding these important public records'

So glad our state is helping FSU in their quest to leave the ACC.  That was sarcasm!!  Then what?  Does this hurt USF and our goal in seeking an invite from the ACC?  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953

If the B1G actually forces Nebraska to regain AAU or get booted, you have to respect them for prioritizing academics and standards for their members. Kind of like Notre Dame, I can’t stand them for their “better than thou” attitude toward independence, but at the same time I really respect that they don’t buckle to societal pressure and stay with their tradition. 

• Upvote 2