• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

I probably should have left the first sentence off since the comments about the current status of ACC football has nothing to do with realignment.

You are right in part. Sometimes conference realignment is just about encompassing more TV markets.  However, a lot of times it also comes down to selecting teams that have the best brand or on the field results.  I mean the SEC is taking the best two programs in the B12.  When Miami and Virginia Tech went to the ACC in the early 2000's they were two of the biggest and most successful football brands in the Big East at the time.

Being a better brand name is absolutely important but if you happen to have built your brand and now can’t win to save your life no one will care one bit about your results, similarly if you win nonstop and you happen to build a brand that encompasses Boise Idaho no one will care one bit and you would be past over by someone that may never have won and has absolutely no brand but had potential for a greater market share. Will x team make us more money per conference member and be reasonable enough to pass our Presidents that’s really all it comes down to. There is a reason Texas is a target and not Clemson but it has nothing to do with recent results.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Well one thing I know. No one should be upset if we end up with CUSA or SunBelt schools. After all as I was told on this board there isn’t any difference between the AAC and SunBelt.

So relax and enjoy the ride.

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Well one thing I know. No one should be upset if we end up with CUSA or SunBelt schools. After all as I was told on this board there isn’t any difference between the AAC and SunBelt.

So relax and enjoy the ride.

Some people need re-educated…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

Are you allowed to use your best decade? If so that explains Pitt and Syracuse getting in with decades past but what decade did Rutgers use to get into the B10? An entire century of on the field accomplishments wouldn’t have gotten them a single decades worth of accomplishments worthy of moving into the B10.

IIRC Rutgers beat the #2 team in the country once.

But, then, so did USF.  Just happened to be the same game.  😆

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409

Timeline at this point imo

Texas/OU are filing for admission to the SEC this morning.

BIG 12 teams have been sending out feelers. I think ACC is only expanding if Notre Dame is one of those teams, if so they'll grab either WVU or Cincy as the second team. I'd be surprised if Notre Dame leaves so I don't think they're expanding.

If none of the BIG 12 teams are able to jump ship they'll really drag their feet before inviting any other members. They want to see what happens with the Big 10/PAC. Is the Big 10 going to invite PAC members, or are they going to make some type of alliance between the two conferences. If its the former the BIG 12 doesn't want to already have invited a bunch of G5 teams when Arizona, ASU, Utah, etc are leftover from the PAC teams that didn't get poached. Also because of this I think the BIG 10 is in no rush to invite Kansas until they've explored this option.

This dragging of the feet means no G5 is getting an invite until next offseason. Gives USF a year to get the 1-8 stench off of us. Also our IPF will be nearing completion and we should have a president at this time.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814

I doubt any B12 leftovers get an invite elsewhere. The SEC has separated itself with these two additions. The other three can’t waste their openings on schools that won’t match SEC. So now is about raiding each other. The ACC and PAC are vulnerable. The new B12 is no longer a Power conference is basically another AAC.

We are down to 4 Power Conferences and the BigTen will eventually expand and take out either PAC or ACC

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

I doubt any B12 leftovers get an invite elsewhere. The SEC has separated itself with these two additions. The other three can’t waste their openings on schools that won’t match SEC. So now is about raiding each other. The ACC and PAC are vulnerable. The new B12 is no longer a Power conference is basically another AAC.

We are down to 4 Power Conferences and the BigTen will eventually expand and take out either PAC or ACC

Maybe we will be able to nab some ACC, B12, and PAC has beens to form a true American Conference.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

This is a bummer.  The ACC is my favorite right now.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

17 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

You had me at: We could get a combined 69 million.

That number is an attention getter especially compared to the AAC 7 mil payout