• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

Just win and get back to being a conference contender (any conference) every year.  Conference realignment doesn't mean much to us in my opinion. Maybe it helps stabalize a coaching staff down the road.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not sure all 3 service academies would ever join one conference due to certain traditions that they don't want to change (Navy-Army game being held after CC week). As far as the Big 12 goes they might be best to merge whatever is left with another conference while retaining the Big 12 name. OU and Texas officially requested SEC invites today starting in 2025. 

i?img=%2Fmedia%2Fmotion%2F2021%2F0727%2F

In a joint statement, Oklahoma and Texas announce they've formally notified the SEC that they are seeking "an invitation for membership" beginning July 1, 2025.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

18 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

I'm not sure all 3 service academies would ever join one conference due to certain traditions that they don't want to change (Navy-Army game being held after CC week). As far as the Big 12 goes they might be best to merge whatever is left with another conference while retaining the Big 12 name. OU and Texas officially requested SEC invites today starting in 2025. 

i?img=%2Fmedia%2Fmotion%2F2021%2F0727%2F

In a joint statement, Oklahoma and Texas announce they've formally notified the SEC that they are seeking "an invitation for membership" beginning July 1, 2025.

My guess is that they are requesting 2025 to show good-faith in not effecting the current Big 12 TV contract. I would be shocked if they played the next 4 seasons in the Big 12. I don't know that there is any precedent of teams waiting longer than 2 years to depart after they make their intentions clear. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

My guess is that they are requesting 2025 to show good-faith in not effecting the current Big 12 TV contract. I would be shocked if they played the next 4 seasons in the Big 12. I don't know that there is any precedent of teams waiting longer than 2 years to depart after they make their intentions clear. 

They do not care about people they are leaving behind as evidenced by them leaving them behind, they are trying to negotiate how much they will have to pay for leaving at various points along the way by demonstrating they are willing to wait until the end. They know what is happening to them and are guessing that the other side may be interested in making some money and figuring out their future a little sooner. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

Well there are now reports that some in the Big12 leftover group are pushing BYU, Army, Navy, Air Force package.

I think that would help revenues but not strengthen the league.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

They do not care about people they are leaving behind as evidenced by them leaving them behind, they are trying to negotiate how much they will have to pay for leaving at various points along the way by demonstrating they are willing to wait until the end. They know what is happening to them and are guessing that the other side may be interested in making some money and figuring out their future a little sooner. 

The only thing certain right now is that Texas and OU don't give a flying crap about the rest of the Big 12. They just can't publicly say that they are trying to leave in 2022 because they would be in immediate breach of the GoR, but they are as good as gone after this season. Could you imagine telling your wife you are going to file for divorce in 4 years when things clear up financially for you? That would not be a fun house to live in, but it would be fascinating to watch. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The only thing certain right now is that Texas and OU don't give a flying crap about the rest of the Big 12. They just can't publicly say that they are trying to leave in 2022 because they would be in immediate breach of the GoR, but they are as good as gone after this season. Could you imagine telling your wife you are going to file for divorce in 4 years when things clear up financially for you? That would not be a fun house to live in, but it would be fascinating to watch. 

I have that conversation every day 

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Page 1964....Amazing! Are we in the Big12 yet?? Just checking, wake me when it happens...

Wow..1964. Had my first girl experience that year-wonderful. (no I hadn't had any guy experiences prior to that)😇 64 big summer, lots of great music. Alright- I'm done. Just got warm/fuzzy seeing the page number

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have that conversation every day 

She is insane if she isn't approaching you about a buyout! 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

Last time this happened, I did alot of worrying and hand wringing about all the different possible scenarios. Ultimately, we need our fans and alumni to step up, regardless of what conference (or eventual league) we play in. 

To anyone reading this, please consider answering the call for donations. Will go a LONG way to getting better facilities for our program progrum and making us more attractive to potential CFB organizations. We need fan and financial support now more than ever. 

Go Bulls. 

• Upvote 1