• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

When has anyone ever bought us sold as a package? Better yet when has anyone ever bought a bundle of any college football teams? All alone is all we are.

2008, 2011, and today at 11:00am…OU and Texas 🤷‍♂️

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

2008, 2011, and today at 11:00am…OU and Texas 🤷‍♂️

You think they bought Texas and OU because of some connection the two schools have? Are you high? If Texas wants to go to the SEC and OU wants to go to the B10 both conferences would do that in a heartbeat. The are wanted because of their individual assets and not because anyone thinks the sum is greater than the parts that make it. There is no way you honestly believe otherwise. 

Just now, puc86 said:

You think they bought Texas and OU because of some connection the two schools have? Are you high? If Texas wants to go to the SEC and OU wants to go to the B10 both conferences would do that in a heartbeat. The are wanted because of their individual assets and not because anyone thinks the sum is greater than the parts that make it. There is no way you honestly believe otherwise. 

Are you nuts??? Texas and OU are joined at the hip! Ever hear of the Red River Rivalry? You can’t be serious with your ignorance …

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think some of you will be heartbroken if your alliance with UCiF falls through and they move to a new conference while we're left with Temple and the other Ts.  There will be a lot of crying going on that day.  I'll be calling in sick. 

There is no package, it's each program for themselves (you can bet that is how the Tinmen are operating).

I think my point is that our chances of going to a better conference are better with them attached. I am not sure if the opposite is true…and I speaking from purely a marketing/business perspective as I think everyone knows my disdain for ucf. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Are you nuts??? Texas and OU are joined at the hip! Ever hear of the Red River Rivalry? You can’t be serious with your ignorance …

They are choosing to go together but no one is picking them because of the rivalry and would gladly take them alone. Nebraska dropped a bunch of their connections to go to the Big10 and no one ever once thought nope only if you find a dance partner. The SEC would take Texas or OU and leave the other to die in B12 if thats the fates either decided and you would have to be beyond ignorant and a completely stupid if you believe otherwise. I am sure the SEC is probably happier to get both of them but it is not because its a contingency of the move it is because they would be perfectly happy to get either of them, just like they were when they took A&M. We are not attached at the hip to UCF and its not only possible its entirely likely that if a conference were to take one of us they would want nothing to do with bringing the other and would prefer to tap other markets. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

They are choosing to go together but no one is picking them because of the rivalry and would gladly take them alone. Nebraska dropped a bunch of their connections to go to the Big10 and no one ever once thought nope only if you find a dance partner. The SEC would take Texas or OU and leave the other to die in B12 if thats the fates either decided and you would have to be beyond ignorant and a completely stupid if you believe otherwise. I am sure the SEC is probably happier to get both of them but it is not because its a contingency of the move it is because they would be perfectly happy to get either of them, just like they were when they took A&M. We are not attached at the hip to UCF and its not only possible its entirely likely that if a conference were to take one of us they would want nothing to do with bringing the other and would prefer to tap other markets. 

You form an alliance for an economic advantage. And that is why these two universities did. They have an alliance that they know is stronger as both schools together creates more $. Could they go it alone? Sure, absolutely. Because are there individual value they create more by going together. Regardless, of our differences on USF and UCF going as a package the only way we will know is by what actually happens and time will tell. 

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think my point is that our chances of going to a better conference are better with them attached. I am not sure if the opposite is true…and I speaking from purely a marketing/business perspective as I think everyone knows my disdain for ucf. 

It sounds a lot more like you like UCF's chances better and hope to ride their coat tails, as stated before if people do not want you on your own merit they arent picking you because you consider someone to be a rival and have a package deal sentiment that exists solely on the internet. If realignment is to happen we have a much better shot with UCF getting nuked than we do as selling ourselves as their plus one. 

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You form an alliance for an economic advantage. And that is why these two universities did. They have an alliance that they know is stronger as both schools together creates more $. Could they go it alone? Sure, absolutely. Because are there individual value they create more by going together. Regardless, of our differences on USF and UCF going as a package the only way we will know is by what actually happens and time will tell. 

That concept only works for a merging of near equals that are independently sought after and really cannot be tested because any conference is taking either of them with or without anyone. The G5 is littered with teams that used to be or still consider themselves to be a part of a rivalry with someone now in the P5, shockingly enough no one thought it was reason enough to give them a share of their TV money simply because it would not net additional value. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You can whine all you want but we are packaged together

Has one P5 conference official EVER said that?

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Has one P5 conference official EVER said that?

Not only has it never been said it has also never even been inferred although when we both gave our presentations to the B12 a few years ago they did decide to package us both back up and send us back to the AAC so maybe that is where it comes from? This isnt even a package from the schools perspective as if someone gets called up tomorrow not one time is it going to be asking "but what about my partner? I cannot agree until I know the fate of my "rival" as we are a package after all." This is a fairy tale people tell themselves to make it feel like there was a reason we decided to pull UCF from the depths of death while torpedoing our own program but there is no basis of this idea in our situation or any other conference expansion to date, but hey there is always the due factor....