• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

It sounds a lot more like you like UCF's chances better and hope to ride their coat tails, as stated before if people do not want you on your own merit they arent picking you because you consider someone to be a rival and have a package deal sentiment that exists solely on the internet. If realignment is to happen we have a much better shot with UCF getting nuked than we do as selling ourselves as their plus one. 

As far as USF is concerned I could really care less who we align with as long as we get in. Of course, that is assuming that there are eight teams left in the big 12 which I think is highly questionable anyway.

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

That concept only works for a merging of near equals that are independently sought after and really cannot be tested because any conference is taking either of them with or without anyone. The G5 is littered with teams that used to be or still consider themselves to be a part of a rivalry with someone now in the P5, shockingly enough no one thought it was reason enough to give them a share of their TV money simply because it would not net additional value. 

Wow, you sure did put a lot of conditions in trying to explain why you are correct…

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

anyone follow MHver3? his tweets are protected now

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Has one P5 conference official EVER said that?

Of course not…no one is going to say it but I bet BK is pulling everything out to try and get us in a better situation. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,270
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

As far as USF is concerned I could really care less who we align with as long as we get in. Of course, that is assuming that there are eight teams left in the big 12 which I think is highly questionable anyway.

There is no one to align with this isn’t a team sport it’s a zero sum game and for us to win we need everyone else to lose, our conference is a den of thieves and we have no friends or anyone to form alliances with we need to cut their heads off any way that we can just as they would do to us if they are able. Now would be a lovely time for NCAA investigations to begin, just saying’ …

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wow, you sure did put a lot of conditions in trying to explain why you are correct…

There is no conditions if you are valuable enough individually to be taken then you are valuable enough as a package and if you aren’t valuable enough by yourself there is no 2 for 1 deals to be offered that some how make you valuable enough. If then as a high demand team you decide it’s in your best interest to go with your also high demand rival to the highest demand conference then of course you can do that but it’s not happening if your “partner” isn’t evenly yoked and couldn’t get in by their own merit.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  111
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, bulloni said:

The article says their blogs sources named those teams, not KSU's. "schools such as" seems like they just named the first 4 that came to their mind, I don't put too much stake in that.

For as bad as we've been we still averaged 32k a game when we went 4-8 and 38.5 the year before when we went 7-6. Look at some of the other schools up for expansion's numbers. Cincy/Memphis/Houston get similar or worse when they're actually good.

That's cool and all but realignment isnt only based on that. 

USF has no on campus stadium nor has the quality basketball infrastructure available.

Academically speaking, USF's endowment is on the smaller side as well. Maybe USF has a chance but it's not very likely they will be selected ahead of Houston, Cincy, Memphis, BYU or UCF.

Edited by cougar king
  • ???? 1

2 minutes ago, cougar king said:

That's cool and all but realignment isnt only based on that. 

USF has no on campus stadium nor has the quality basketball infrastructure available.

Academically speaking, USF's endowment is on the smaller side as well. Maybe USF has a chance but it's not very likely they will be selected ahead of Houston, Cincy, Memphis, BYU or UCF.

Checkout UCF’s and get back to me

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, puc86 said:

Checkout UCF’s and get back to me

and Memphis's. USF has the #1 cancer hospital in the Southeast US and #11 in the country on campus. That'll look attractive to school presidents trying to make alliances with other universities.

Just now, bulloni said:

and Memphis's. USF has the #1 cancer hospital in the Southeast US and #11 in the country on campus. That'll look attractive to school presidents trying to make alliances with other universities.

You stole my follow up to his follow up