• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,998
  • Days Won:  12

I personally would be happy to be rid of them. 

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,648
  • Days Won:  4

I think the fan base would do themselves a lot of good to reframe how they see UCF. They are just another school that happens to be in the region. Being with them or without them is really no big deal either way. 

Why compare ourselves to them? You don't worry about FIU, FAU, FGCU or the University of Tampa. 

Each schools goals are very different. What does USF spend their money on? What does UCF spend it's money on. 

I know their fans are obnoxious but why care? T

here's good and bad people over there just like there is at USF.  McKenzie Milton seems like a good kid and I hope he does well at FSU. Dante Culpepper was fun to watch back in the day. 

If we play UCF regularly fine. Personally, I don't really enjoy beating or playing UCF. In my mind, its like playing ECU or Memphis or Houston. I root for USF regardless. 

But if we don't play UCF and they are in a different conference, whatever. We were in a conference with Pitt, SU, Rutgers, WVU & Louisville and I don't sit back and envy their current situations.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,891
  • Days Won:  67

17 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I think the fan base would do themselves a lot of good to reframe how they see UCF. They are just another school that happens to be in the region. Being with them or without them is really no big deal either way. 

Why compare ourselves to them? You don't worry about FIU, FAU, FGCU or the University of Tampa. 

Each schools goals are very different. What does USF spend their money on? What does UCF spend it's money on. 

I know their fans are obnoxious but why care? T

here's good and bad people over there just like there is at USF.  McKenzie Milton seems like a good kid and I hope he does well at FSU. Dante Culpepper was fun to watch back in the day. 

If we play UCF regularly fine. Personally, I don't really enjoy beating or playing UCF. In my mind, its like playing ECU or Memphis or Houston. I root for USF regardless. 

But if we don't play UCF and they are in a different conference, whatever. We were in a conference with Pitt, SU, Rutgers, WVU & Louisville and I don't sit back and envy their current situations.  

It helps to not live in the state.  I don’t really think about them or ever hear anything about them.  They are as inconsequential as us but if I was around some of these clowns then I may feel different.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

USF is not a package deal with UCF.  The Big 12 will absolutely add UCF without USF without blinking.  

Fact is, UCF is seen as a better candidate, regardless if that is actually true, by virtue of their football team's performance.

You need to completely and totally prepare yourself that USF will be in a conference with Tulsa, Tulane, and ECU, along with some call ups such as UAB, Marshall, and App State.

If the B12 only adds 2-4 teams, USF will not be among them.  If the Big 12 adds 6-8 and goes to a 14 or 16 team conference, then USF may get in.  I say may, even then it's not guaranteed.

UCF will leave USF in a heartbeat...just as we left UCF for the Big East.

USF's best hope is to hope Mike Aresco pulls a rabbit out of his hat and is able to convince B12 teams to join AAC.  And this only happens if the B12 loses more members, gets down to 4 or 5, and the remaining B12 schools get nervous. 

FACTS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

It sounds a lot more like you like UCF's chances better and hope to ride their coat tails, as stated before if people do not want you on your own merit they arent picking you because you consider someone to be a rival and have a package deal sentiment that exists solely on the internet. If realignment is to happen we have a much better shot with UCF getting nuked than we do as selling ourselves as their plus one. 

Again, USF would never sell itself to a potential conference that way, but if the buyer sees more value in getting them both together, there is nothing you can do about it. Milk and Oreos are two separate products and are frequently purchased on their own merit. However, many consumers choose to buy them together and would not want their Oreos without the accompanying glass of milk. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

USF is not a package deal with UCF.  The Big 12 will absolutely add UCF without USF without blinking.  

Fact is, UCF is seen as a better candidate, regardless if that is actually true, by virtue of their football team's performance.

You need to completely and totally prepare yourself that USF will be in a conference with Tulsa, Tulane, and ECU, along with some call ups such as UAB, Marshall, and App State.

If the B12 only adds 2-4 teams, USF will not be among them.  If the Big 12 adds 6-8 and goes to a 14 or 16 team conference, then USF may get in.  I say may, even then it's not guaranteed.

USF's best hope is to hope Mike Aresco pulls a rabbit out of his hat and is able to convince B12 teams to join AAC.  And this only happens if the B12 loses more members, gets down to 4 or 5, and the remaining B12 schools get nervous. 

FACTS.

Our best hope is this is all dragged out and USF makes a bowl this year while UCF regresses for the 4th straight season. Coming off a year where we see the same amount of success, and we average better attendance would be huge

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

Again, USF would never sell itself to a potential conference that way, but if the buyer sees more value in getting them both together, there is nothing you can do about it. Milk and Oreos are two separate products and are frequently purchased on their own merit. However, many consumers choose to buy them together and would not want their Oreos without the accompanying glass of milk. 

When has anyone seen more value that way? Sans random people on the internet that have nothing to do with expansion. 

8 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

FACTS.

Current football winning percentage has never once had anything to do with anyone being selected by any conference for expansion. FACTS.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

7 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

FACTS.

Other than UCF leaving us in a heartbeat, nothing you said is a fact. There is a perception by some, based solely upon recent on-field performance, that UCF is a better candidate for expansion. None of us have any idea what the conferences would actually consider. Is access to Ray Jay a pro or a con in the eyes of the Big 12? It the Tampa market being larger than Orlando a pro or a con? Is USF being far superior as a research university a major factor? Maybe not from an athletic standpoint, but the Presidents have to be on board as well. Everything is conjecture. 

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

Other than UCF leaving us in a heartbeat, nothing you said is a fact. There is a perception by some, based solely upon recent on-field performance, that UCF is a better candidate for expansion. None of us have any idea what the conferences would actually consider. Is access to Ray Jay a pro or a con in the eyes of the Big 12? It the Tampa market being larger than Orlando a pro or a con? Is USF being far superior as a research university a major factor? Maybe not from an athletic standpoint, but the Presidents have to be on board as well. Everything is conjecture. 

These are facts