• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,301
  • Days Won:  10

30 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Well there are now reports that some in the Big12 leftover group are pushing BYU, Army, Navy, Air Force package.

I think that would help revenues but not strengthen the league.

I have seen so many rumors, if we merged them all together we could make another House Wives Franchise. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

19 minutes ago, Rizman said:

I have seen so many rumors, if we merged them all together we could make another House Wives Franchise. 

If they steal our service academy idea, then it will be war.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

17 minutes ago, Rizman said:

The remaining 8 members of the Big 12 all collectively leave for the AAC, while adding the service academies and BYU, with Kansas and Iowa State retaining dual membership in the Big Ten as well, and WVU retaining dual membership in the ACC, and finally with the whole conference creating a joint agreement with the Pac 12.

Franken-conference. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Brett on ESPNU Radio - there is not one team from the P5 who will drop down to the AAC…unless there are three teams or less in the Big12. If it’s more (especially at 8), he thinks they will go after UCF/USF for a Florida footprint. 

Hmm this is going to get interesting indeed.  I liked the merger idea, but this seems like it would create two dying conferences.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

If any conference partner wants to see what USF brings to the table (especially in a packaged deal with UCF), they need to look no further than the 2017 Black Friday game. 4.7 million tuned in for that matchup. That game was up against Missouri v. Arkansas and almost doubled the audience. The game drew 2.7 million more viewers than the Florida v. FSU game the following day. USF and UCF are a packaged deal. We have to face those facts. Both teams had similar ratings against the garbage programs in the conference that season. If you are going to compare the two schools, the 2017 season offers the best apples-to-apples comparison. From 2017 to 2019 the series averaged 2.73 million viewers. Our rivalry with UCF has outdrawn the UF v. FSU game in terms of viewers from 2017 to 2019. 

It isn't as if UCF is a national brand on their own. Their 2019 bowl game against Marshall was the 5th least watched game, drawing only slightly more than 1 million viewers. Our bowl game in 2018 versus Marshall had 75% more viewers. UCF's 2020 bowl game against BYU was the 6th least watched game, getting fewer eyeballs than Ball State v. San Jose State. 

Our Saturday noon bowl game in 2017 against a 6-6 Texas Tech drew 3.4 million viewers, drawing a higher rating share than the Texas v. Missouri bowl game that was a Thursday in Primetime (9 pm). 

If these conference expansion discussions are about potential as much as they are the current product on the field, we offer as much, if not more, than most other choices that are out there. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Unfortunately he thinks it’s a strong “possibility” WVU goes to the AAC. ☹️

I assume you mean ACC and if the 4 "Super" conferences play out, then it only makes sense 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

If any conference partner wants to see what USF brings to the table (especially in a packaged deal with UCF), they need to look no further than the 2017 Black Friday game. 4.7 million tuned in for that matchup. That game was up against Missouri v. Arkansas and almost doubled the audience. The game drew 2.7 million more viewers than the Florida v. FSU game the following day. USF and UCF are a packaged deal. We have to face those facts. Both teams had similar ratings against the garbage programs in the conference that season. If you are going to compare the two schools, the 2017 season offers the best apples-to-apples comparison. From 2017 to 2019 the series averaged 2.73 million viewers. Our rivalry with UCF has outdrawn the UF v. FSU game in terms of viewers from 2017 to 2019. 

It isn't as if UCF is a national brand on their own. Their 2019 bowl game against Marshall was the 5th least watched game, drawing only slightly more than 1 million viewers. Our bowl game in 2018 versus Marshall had 75% more viewers. UCF's 2020 bowl game against BYU was the 6th least watched game, getting fewer eyeballs than Ball State v. San Jose State. 

Our Saturday noon bowl game in 2017 against a 6-6 Texas Tech drew 3.4 million viewers, drawing a higher rating share than the Texas v. Missouri bowl game that was a Thursday in Primetime (9 pm). 

If these conference expansion discussions are about potential as much as they are the current product on the field, we offer as much, if not more, than most other choices that are out there. 

I have officially added you to the realignment team, you can spin it like no other, good info (if it is accurate and if not who cares , good work).

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

7 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

It isn't as if UCF is a national brand on their own.

Yeah, no one knows who either team is out here, so they feel much more confident they know something about one of the teams when they are playing each other.  😂

When we were good, everyone out here was asking me about Daunte Culpepper.  😪  Probably one reason I stress SOUTH FLORIDA - too many knuckleheads confuse us with the robot guy and UCF. 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I have officially added you to the realignment team, you can spin it like no other, good info (if it is accurate and if not who cares , good work).

I think there is a lot of wishful thinking in that analysis

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

21 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

gross vomit GIF