• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

He has the money, resources, facilities, and program history to win a national championship. He has five years to win one, let’s see what happens. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You are what your record says you are. Having a below .500 coaching record and zero bowl wins in your coaching career is definitely a sign of a mediocre coach (actually it’s a sign of being below mediocre but I’m accounting for a positive trend). What can be more mediocre than being .500? It’s perfectly in the middle and the definition of mediocre.

it's not where you started but where you finish that matters. sorry you can't see that a guy who has turned around 2 programs , including our dumpster fire of a program, all before the age of 40 isn't a quality coach. guess that's why the ADs at Oregon and FSU get paid the big bucks. He will be the first African American college football head coach to win a NC.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

14 hours ago, RedBull13 said:

I like Taggart. I really do, but this feels like an unnecessary jab at a place that was a major factor (if not THE major factor) that got you to where you are today...

Article: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/22/17717562/florida-college-football-history-coaches-explain

Thoughts? And if this has already been posted somewhere feel free to delete and provide the original post.

DlOsZ1pXoAAbGAN.jpg:large

I read this as a shot at Jim Leavitt, who Taggart might be upset at for Jim staying at Oregon. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Taggart’s strength is his ability to change a culture and bring in talent.  He did it at WKU, USF and somewhat at Oregon.  In my opinion, his weakness is Xs and Os and scheming.  He’s now going against Dabo and Richt on a yearly basis and they have just as much talent as his him, maybe more and they’re excellent coaches.  Hopefully, he’s surrounded himself with excellent coordinators and coaches that he can lean on.  If he’s smart, he adopts the Bowden model.  Create the culture, bring in the talent and let the coordinators game plan.  It worked for Bobby and can work for Willie.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I read this as a shot at Jim Leavitt, who Taggart might be upset at for Jim staying at Oregon. 

Interesting take or is it a shot at the administration that let him go and our trajectory has gone the wrong direction since?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

I have very little doubt that any plan that was in place was seriously derailed by the exit of CJL.  That could very well be a large part of what CWT is referring to ... the lack of a "plan" post CJL.

At the time Skippy was hot and seemed like the next best thing. But we learned if you don't have Florida ties and know Florida players you aren't going to win here. Not to mention him playing not to lose.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I hope taggart fails af fsu big time.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

it's not where you started but where you finish that matters. sorry you can't see that a guy who has turned around 2 programs , including our dumpster fire of a program, all before the age of 40 isn't a quality coach. guess that's why the ADs at Oregon and FSU get paid the big bucks. He will be the first African American college football head coach to win a NC.

We shall see and I wish him the best of luck but right now it’s potential and theoretical. He may have a plan for maintaining success but at this moment he has yet to demonstrate it. Also his offense is practically new and has yet to stand up to the riggers of yearly scrutiny. We will see how he adapts. What’s funny is he came into here with spread talent and tried to force in his Stanford pro style but eventually had to acquiesce to the spread this program is destined to run. Now he is going to FSU which has the pro style talent he has always wanted but now he is known as a gulf coast guru and probably has to jam that offense in there with the wrong talent. These next few  years will be interesting for CWT and will probably define his legacy.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

At the time Skippy was hot and seemed like the next best thing. But we learned if you don't have Florida ties and know Florida players you aren't going to win here. Not to mention him playing not to lose.

How was the guy that couldn’t beat the guy we had the next best thing? Skippy was destined for failure, he looked like a giant man baby and would have only appeared to be a worse fit if he had inherited his dad’s lisp.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,524
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Taggart’s strength is his ability to change a culture and bring in talent.  He did it at WKU, USF and somewhat at Oregon.  In my opinion, his weakness is Xs and Os and scheming.  He’s now going against Dabo and Richt on a yearly basis and they have just as much talent as his him, maybe more and they’re excellent coaches.  Hopefully, he’s surrounded himself with excellent coordinators and coaches that he can lean on.  If he’s smart, he adopts the Bowden model.  Create the culture, bring in the talent and let the coordinators game plan.  It worked for Bobby and can work for Willie.

His offensive coordinator from Maryland is suppose to be pretty good, but Taggart will still call the plays.