• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Let's face it, he could have picked any number of negative things to mention about our University and he didn't (we all know what they are).  He mentioned the fact that we were #2 in the Nation at one point which a lot of people probably forgot about.  If nothing else we should thank him for reminding people about the best things that this program has ever done.   

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

No. But he sounds like he clearly knows how to handle a program that’s winning. Leaving is the only answer he knows so far. 

WT Bowl Win/Loss?  When we played a bowl game against Western Kentucky and lost I watched the post game activity. To me it just seemed Taggart was ok with that loss?? because he owed WK for bailing on them(first bowl). Taggart was all smiles while WK players came up to him. Our players just kind of hung around before leaving the field. To me the effort wasn't there in that game?? It didn't set well w/me. I was hopeful that we would do well under WT and we did but...     Now, I'm hopeful we continue to do well under CS.

It's time for USF aka SOUTH FLORIDA aka ucf..(just kidding) to run the table and win the AAC, it's time no more choking.  Go Bull's! 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I read this as a shot at Jim Leavitt, who Taggart might be upset at for Jim staying at Oregon. 

This is an excellent point and possible as Tags could be kind of snippy with comments at times

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Interesting take or is it a shot at the administration that let him go and our trajectory has gone the wrong direction since?

I took it the way Mike did which is why I was infuriated. If it’s a shot at the administration for getting rid of the Jim and replacing him Lou Holtz’s kid well then by all means carry on. I doubt however this is the case because if not for those follies I doubt xCWT is coaching at FSU right now.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is an excellent point and possible as Tags could be kind of snippy with comments at times

Hmmm? perceptive point. good possibility.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679

Getting Mickey Andrews to come back in some capacity is the best thing Taggart has done as FSU HC so far. Defense will be the reason he makes it or breaks it there. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352

28 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I agree with this, but of course, CWT deserves credit for recruiting the likes of QF, MM, and bringing in Kinnan, and getting things turned around here. He may not have had sustained success, but we were WAY better off when he left than when he arrived, and did the same at WKU. Plus, he's done well enough to land a pretty prestigious job, and make a whole lot of $$$.

I think Taggart is a great recruiter but not a great coach. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

16 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I hope taggart fails af fsu big time.

Why?  

I just can't understand this.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

44 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So in your opinion I was half right, had I only answered xCWT would you have pointed out the incomplete answer?

Your answer was half right (or half wrong, depending on perspective) but it was also wholly disingenuous.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Why?  

I just can't understand this.  

Because college football is a zero sum game and for us to be successful other have to fail, I would imagine. If FSU, Florida, Miami, UCF, FAU and FIU are all successful that would more than likely have us being less successful than we would be had they all failed.