• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I've never understood this stance.  It's a coaches JOB to recruit guys who make them look like geniuses.  

In the college game, some guys are excellent recruiters. Others are better with X's and O's. The guys who are good at both win national championships and there aren't a lot of them.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I've never had an elaborate plan for #2 in my life.

That would have been a better response from xCWT. “What they were able to accomplish there in 10 short years was nothing short of remarkable. My greatest coaching regret was not being able to get them back there like the guy asked. However I am sure that I will need to take FSU there and beyond or my time here will be very short.”

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Who recruited Flowers?

Telly Lockette

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The funny thing is there were sprinklings of the Gulf Coast offense when Q was a freshman. All the man asked was trust to run the whole offense.  I understand why Taggart was hesitant to let go of the reigns. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

In the college game, some guys are excellent recruiters. Others are better with X's and O's. The guys who are good at both win national championships and there aren't a lot of them.

Or excellent recruiters who surround themselves with excellent X and O guys

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Telly Lockette

CWT was heavily involved in that recruitment but ok if you want to play that.  Who gave Telly his first collegiate coaching job and where was that job at.

k thx bye 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

27 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Sure ... let's do the same for Nick Saban with Greg McElroy, Jake Coker, AJ McCarron, etc; Urban Meyer with Tim Tebow, the list goes on.  

Seriously, why are people saying things that are ridiculous?  

Lol you can't be serious! Saban started at MSU finished 9th in the country with them. Went to LSU won a natty. Went to Alabama and won several. All with different QBs.

Urban Meyer started at Bowling green and went 17-6 there. Left for Utah, was named the conference coach of the year his first year after going 10-2. 2nd year he went undefeated at Utah and won the Fiesta Bowl. Went to UF won 2 nattys with Chris Leak (mvp in 2017) and Tebow. Then goes to Ohio state goes undefeated in 2012. Then tops that by winning the national championship in 2014 with a 3rd string QB!!!

This made me laugh though

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Again, Q had to beg CWT to change his ways. I don’t care if CWT recruited him or not, he was not using the kid the right way and the players were the ones who got CWT to change. If that did not happen Willie would be at Michigan now drawing up plays for Harbough.