• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Why?  

I just can't understand this.  

Why do you hope he succeeds?

Edited by ForestBull

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

Why?  

I just can't understand this.  

I agree.  I don’t want him to fail.  In fact, my son goes to FSU...flame away.  Lol.  However, I wish he would have shown a little more humility considering his meteoric rise in coaching with a very thin resume.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,636
  • Days Won:  6

Not sure if already posted here - don't have the energy to go back and look at the whole thread.  When introduced CWT said:

"It wasn't long ago USF was No. 2 in the country. It's been proven that we can get there," Taggart added. "What we have to do now is put everybody on the bus, put 'em in the right seat and let coach T drive this bus!"

So to me yes, he's the one that said it originally.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/8727288/willie-taggart-introduced-south-florida-bulls-coach

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

I think Taggart is a great recruiter but not a great coach. 

Do you also feel the same way about Dabo Swinney?  Because the same thing is routinely said about him.  Only difference is he's been in a P5 for much longer than CWT has so he's had a while to stock that program with talent.  

I agree with those saying CWT will be successful at FSU.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.

1 minute ago, ForestBull said:

Why do you hope he succeeds?

Because I respect the job he did as USF coach, bringing out of the "pit of misery" and getting us to double-digit wins and a end-of-season ranking for the first time ever.  And I don't have a problem with him leaving and bettering his situation and family, especially because he left USF better than when he got here.

Thank you for the easiest question I've faced all day.  

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Do you also feel the same way about Dabo Swinney?  Because the same thing is routinely said about him.  Only difference is he's been in a P5 for much longer than CWT has so he's had a while to stock that program with talent.  

I agree with those saying CWT will be successful at FSU.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.

Well Dabo Sweeney has proved people wrong. We will see of Taggs can too. I just don't see it.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because college football is a zero sum game and for us to be successful other have to fail, I would imagine. If FSU, Florida, Miami, UCF, FAU and FIU are all successful that would more than likely have us being less successful than we would be had they all failed. 

You're still clinging to the false hope that we are on the same level as FSU, and that they need to fail so we can succeed.  That's cute.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

No Taggart, there was no plan to capitalize on a once in a lifetime alignment that temporarily put us at #2.
No Taggart, there was no plan to capitalize on that ranking that the powers that be felt was undeserved and denigrated.

No Taggart, there was no plan to overcome a fixed system that wanted to make sure the have nots remain have nots.

No Taggart, oddly there was no contingency plan to deal with a head coach striking a student and interfering with an investigation.

You're a smart guy at knowing what we didn't have plans for Taggart.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

You're still clinging to the false hope that we are on the same level as FSU, and that they need to fail so we can succeed.  That's cute.

Maybe we aren’t on the same level yet but I hope CWT can help get them there.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because college football is a zero sum game and for us to be successful other have to fail, I would imagine. If FSU, Florida, Miami, UCF, FAU and FIU are all successful that would more than likely have us being less successful than we would be had they all failed. 

I agree with this 100%. I root against all Florida teams (some more than others) I want us to be the best in the state.  We owe Taggart nothing. A few solid seasons, but 0 conference championships. Bolts at the first opportunity. Him being at FSU (who I didn't like in the first place) isn't gonna make me all of a sudden wish them success.

• Like 1