• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Again, Q had to beg CWT to change his ways. I don’t care if CWT recruited him or not, he was not using the kid the right way and the players were the ones who got CWT to change. If that did not happen Willie would be at Michigan now drawing up plays for Harbough. 

He didn't have to listen and traditionally coaches don't.  The coaching cliche about " not letting the inmates running the asylum" exists for a reason.  Coaches/coordinators are traditionally tyrants that are willing to go down with the ship/their system even when it's not working rather than change.  Not that he didn't have success but Gilbert didn't even watch any film from the previous offense and that is not an unusual approach for a coordinator/coach.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Again, Q had to beg CWT to change his ways. I don’t care if CWT recruited him or not, he was not using the kid the right way and the players were the ones who got CWT to change. If that did not happen Willie would be at Michigan now drawing up plays for Harbough. 

The offense was already in place. Q just asked to run it without handcuffs. I am so confused by your comments on this subject. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Not wrong but no need to say it

CWT is the only coach who adaptability and and recruiting are used as negatives against him.  TBP gunna TBP 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

46 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Sure ... let's do the same for Nick Saban with Greg McElroy, Jake Coker, AJ McCarron, etc; Urban Meyer with Tim Tebow, the list goes on.  

Seriously, why are people saying things that are ridiculous?  

8 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

Lol you can't be serious! Saban started at MSU finished 9th in the country with them. Went to LSU won a natty. Went to Alabama and won several. All with different QBs.

Urban Meyer started at Bowling green and went 17-6 there. Left for Utah, was named the conference coach of the year his first year after going 10-2. 2nd year he went undefeated at Utah and won the Fiesta Bowl. Went to UF won 2 nattys with Chris Leak (mvp in 2017) and Tebow. Then goes to Ohio state goes undefeated in 2012. Then tops that by winning the national championship in 2014 with a 3rd string QB!!!

This made me laugh though

Nothing you just typed has anything to do with his post

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

CWT is the only coach who adaptability and and recruiting are used as negatives against him.  TBP gunna TBP 

Nah, there are other boards saying similar things about other coaches.  Just sour grapes because he left

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

Wow we have a lot of strong feeling about CWT around here. When it comes to Taggart I feel like most USF fans are either on one extreme side of the spectrum or the other. Some love him, talk about how great he is, wish he never left, and almost put him on a pedestal. Others give him very little credit and give it all to Flowers. I'm definitely somewhere in the middle on CWT.

I'll always be grateful that he came in and put the program back on the map. He is a phenomenal recruiter and he loaded us with talent, and fast. With that being said, we underachieved as a team during his last year here. Yes we won 10- games. We still underachieved. That team was loaded and should have won a conference championship. We had no business losing to Temple (who was good, but not on our level.) Flowers, Mack, Adams, MVS Johnson, Mccants. That offense was loaded! But CWT put someone who had no business being a DC in charge of the defense, and it cost us. Years like that don't come around often, you have to take advantage of them when they do. As much as I hate the orlando school, when they have years where they have a shot to win the conference they finish the job. We can't seem to do that. 2016 should have been our year. (2018 too, but that's a different story)

I'm also not a fan of CWT's comments on USF, ever... Not even just these specific ones. It seems whenever I read about him saying anything about USF it always has a negative undertone. It's not like he was fired, he left us. So I never get the comments.

So I'm thankful for his time here, but he's gone and that's that. I don't like him enough to all of a sudden root for FSU to have success just cause he's there. I don't like the Noles. The only team I care about is the Bulls.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

14 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

CWT was heavily involved in that recruitment but ok if you want to play that.  Who gave Telly his first collegiate coaching job and where was that job at.

k thx bye 

So that wasn’t the answer to the question?

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So that wasn’t the answer to the question?

Nope.  The correct answer is CWT and Telly Lockett.   CWT was heavily involved in that recruitment even though it was in Telly's territory.  IF you actually followed the recruitment at all you would know that.  

Now, who talked QF into staying the spring after his Freshmen season? Even if you incorrectly want to give Telly all the credit it was CWT that kept him on campus after he got here. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

35 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I've never had an elaborate plan for #2 in my life.

Seems like you do.  Taco Bell.