• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

You're still clinging to the false hope that we are on the same level as FSU, and that they need to fail so we can succeed.  That's cute.

Yeah......You could easily argue a strong FSU is better for USF than a weak one.  When they're up they recruit a totally different caliber of player that we do.  When they're down they are in the mix less of those 5 star and high 4 star kids and have to reach down to get more of those high 3 star sometimes low 4 star kids that are usually the jewels of our class.   

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yeah......You could easily argue a strong FSU is better for USF than a weak one.  When they're up they recruit a totally different caliber of player that we do.  When they're down they are in the mix less of those 5 star and high 4 star kids and have to reach down to get more of those high 3 star sometimes low 4 star kids that are usually the jewels of our class.   

When was this, 40 years or so ago?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Idk that I’ve ever seen trickle down economics applied to football, creative.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

WT Bowl Win/Loss?  When we played a bowl game against Western Kentucky and lost I watched the post game activity. To me it just seemed Taggart was ok with that loss?? because he owed WK for bailing on them(first bowl). Taggart was all smiles while WK players came up to him. Our players just kind of hung around before leaving the field. To me the effort wasn't there in that game?? It didn't set well w/me. I was hopeful that we would do well under WT and we did but...     Now, I'm hopeful we continue to do well under CS.

It's time for USF aka SOUTH FLORIDA aka ucf..(just kidding) to run the table and win the AAC, it's time no more choking.  Go Bull's! 

Honestly I forgot he coached the Miami Beach Bowl. So the only bowl game he’s ever coached in he’s lost. He left before WKU’s bowl game for USF, he left USF before Birmingham game to go to Oregon, and he left Oregon before their bowl game for FSU. I never paid attention to what he did after the Miami Beach Bowl but I remember darting it to the car, being livid at the terrible officiating. 

Taggart helped get us back on the map, no doubt, but he was 1 game away from being another C-USA coach. With comments like this that he made it almost seems as if he forgot where he came from. If I’m not mistake as someone else mentioned, I believe he said himself that he had wanted to get us back to being ranked like that as well. Is our school/fanbase at fault for knowing how good of a team we have the potential to be and have high hopes for becoming relevant again after a dumpster fire named Holtz?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, Bobby said:

I agree with this 100%. I root against all Florida teams (some more than others) I want us to be the best in the state.  We owe Taggart nothing. A few solid seasons, but 0 conference championships. Bolts at the first opportunity. Him being at FSU (who I didn't like in the first place) isn't gonna make me all of a sudden wish them success.

This! Screw them all! There is only one Florida team...nay...only one national team I want to do well. I wish the rest misery and hopelessness (thank you Ohio State) throughout the season. Go Bulls!!! 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744

15 hours ago, RedBull13 said:

I like Taggart. I really do, but this feels like an unnecessary jab at a place that was a major factor (if not THE major factor) that got you to where you are today...

Article: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/22/17717562/florida-college-football-history-coaches-explain

Thoughts? And if this has already been posted somewhere feel free to delete and provide the original post.

DlOsZ1pXoAAbGAN.jpg:large

No plan, that's why we don't have an OCS.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

I give Taggart a lot of credit. He has leveraged a sub par playing career and a relationship with the Harbaughs into a top 10 coaching position.

His career record is 47-50, he has never won a bowl game, and the best his team has finished is second in its division.

He has personality, can really sell himself and seems to be a decent recruiter. But has there ever been a hire at a major program like this that had achieved so little?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

5 minutes ago, Capital H said:

I give Taggart a lot of credit. He has leveraged a sub par playing career and a relationship with the Harbaughs into a top 10 coaching position.

His career record is 47-50, he has never won a bowl game, and the best his team has finished is second in its division.

He has personality, can really sell himself and seems to be a decent recruiter. But has there ever been a hire at a major program like this that had achieved so little?

Jimbo Fischer.....

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744

7 minutes ago, Capital H said:

He also drives a sweet bus!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

34 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

When was this, 40 years or so ago?

Nope, This is how the FL recruiting ecosystem works.   When UF/UM/FSU are up they aren't even close to recruiting in the same talent pool that we do.  They are fighting over top 100 in the nation kids with Bama, OSU, Clemson etc and are recruiting top 100 in FL type talent.  When those programs go through down cycles they will indeed poach kids from us that are commited or get involved in kid's recruitment and basically make us an after thought.    I've been following USF recruiting for almost 15 years and recruiting in general for 20.  When those programs are up their national foot print increases at the expense of FL kids, which benefits USF.....