• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Confusious say-- When butt-pain large, words hurt worse.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, Bobby said:

I'm also not a fan of CWT's comments on USF, ever... Not even just these specific ones. It seems whenever I read about him saying anything about USF it always has a negative undertone. It's not like he was fired, he left us. So I never get the comments.

So I'm thankful for his time here, but he's gone and that's that. I don't like him enough to all of a sudden root for FSU to have success just cause he's there. I don't like the Noles. The only team I care about is the Bulls.

We are a recruitment "threat" to a degree so he isn't going to spend a lot of time telling everyone how great we are.  I agree with you on the last part although I did grow up a Nole fan.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

8 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Confusious say-- When butt-pain large, words hurt worse.

Little known facts, Confusious' real name was "Confusedmuch". He later changed his name again to "Captain Obvious".

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Wow we have a lot of strong feeling about CWT around here. When it comes to Taggart I feel like most USF fans are either on one extreme side of the spectrum or the other. Some love him, talk about how great he is, wish he never left, and almost put him on a pedestal. Others give him very little credit and give it all to Flowers. I'm definitely somewhere in the middle on CWT.

I'll always be grateful that he came in and put the program back on the map. He is a phenomenal recruiter and he loaded us with talent, and fast. With that being said, we underachieved as a team during his last year here. Yes we won 10- games. We still underachieved. That team was loaded and should have won a conference championship. We had no business losing to Temple (who was good, but not on our level.) Flowers, Mack, Adams, MVS Johnson, Mccants. That offense was loaded! But CWT put someone who had no business being a DC in charge of the defense, and it cost us. Years like that don't come around often, you have to take advantage of them when they do. As much as I hate the orlando school, when they have years where they have a shot to win the conference they finish the job. We can't seem to do that. 2016 should have been our year. (2018 too, but that's a different story)

I'm also not a fan of CWT's comments on USF, ever... Not even just these specific ones. It seems whenever I read about him saying anything about USF it always has a negative undertone. It's not like he was fired, he left us. So I never get the comments.

So I'm thankful for his time here, but he's gone and that's that. I don't like him enough to all of a sudden root for FSU to have success just cause he's there. I don't like the Noles. The only team I care about is the Bulls.

I think more people are in the middle than it may appear to you. The guys time here is the definition of mediocrity. He went 0-1 in bowl games and barely had a losing record here. He did finish far more successfully than he started but only having 1.5 years of success isn’t quite enough to white wash starting off 2-10 and having our only loss to an FCS team. CWT recruited well and thank g-d changed his mind on trying to force pro style football where it clearly didn’t belong but ultimately left for greener pastures during the only short period where he had any measurable success. Having such polar opposite beginnings and ends in terms of wins and offenses is probably why xCWT seems such a polarizing figure. Some people appear quicker to forgive the failures due to some short success but as xCWT pointed out getting there is one thing but you need some plan once you get there. This appears to be the chapter when we get to see what xCWT’s plan is for continued success because up to this point he has been a .500 (just below) coach that leaves right before his team wins it’s first bowl during his tenure. Here is to you xCWT our perfectly mediocre coach that fits perfectly between xCJL and  xCSH in terms of success at our esteemed University.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I think more people are in the middle than it may appear to you. The guys time here is the definition of mediocrity. He went 0-1 in bowl games and barely had a losing record here. He did finish far more successfully than he started but only having 1.5 years of success isn’t quite enough to white wash starting off 2-10 and having our only loss to an FCS team. CWT recruited well and thank g-d changed his mind on trying to force pro style football where it clearly didn’t belong but ultimately left for greener pastures during the only short period where he had any measurable success. Having such polar opposite beginnings and ends in terms of wins and offenses is probably why xCWT seems such a polarizing figure. Some people appear quicker to forgive the failures due to some short success but as xCWT pointed out getting there is one thing but you need some plan once you get there. This appears to be the chapter when we get to see what xCWT’s plan is for continued success because up to this point he has been a .500 (just below) coach that leaves right before his team wins it’s first bowl during his tenure. Here is to you xCWT our perfectly mediocre coach that fits perfectly between xCJL and  xCSH in terms of success at our esteemed University.

leaving a team at 11-2 and ranked #19 in the final polls is not the sign of a mediocre coach.

16 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Nope.  The correct answer is CWT and Telly Lockett.   CWT was heavily involved in that recruitment even though it was in Telly's territory.  IF you actually followed the recruitment at all you would know that.  

Now, who talked QF into staying the spring after his Freshmen season? Even if you incorrectly want to give Telly all the credit it was CWT that kept him on campus after he got here. 

So in your opinion I was half right, had I only answered xCWT would you have pointed out the incomplete answer?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

The offense was already in place. Q just asked to run it without handcuffs. I am so confused by your comments on this subject. 

It’s pretty simple, Willie wanted to keep the handcuffs on.

Just now, Bull94 said:

leaving a team at 11-2 and ranked #19 in the final polls is not the sign of a mediocre coach.

You are what your record says you are. Having a below .500 coaching record and zero bowl wins in your coaching career is definitely a sign of a mediocre coach (actually it’s a sign of being below mediocre but I’m accounting for a positive trend). What can be more mediocre than being .500? It’s perfectly in the middle and the definition of mediocre.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So in your opinion I was half right, had I only answered xCWT would you have pointed out the incomplete answer?

Depends on the context of the conversation.   If it was not a loaded question i probably wouldn't care but given the current context of the current conversation......

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

The comment is true but unnecessary.  He would not be where he’s at today if not for Joe Kinnan, Quinton Flowers, Marlon Mack etc

But listen Willie, Have a great day if you want to...

I agree with this, but of course, CWT deserves credit for recruiting the likes of QF, MM, and bringing in Kinnan, and getting things turned around here. He may not have had sustained success, but we were WAY better off when he left than when he arrived, and did the same at WKU. Plus, he's done well enough to land a pretty prestigious job, and make a whole lot of $$$.

• Upvote 1