• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

CWT spoke truth.  Sorry if it hurts.  That's the thing about truth, it is what it is.  You can either use it to make yourself and those around you better, or you can get offended and blame others for your issues.  

This post is so full of fail I'm at a loss ... sure, blame the guy who ended up turning our program around for losing his first game coming after the worst coach in program history.  That makes sense.

First game against a 1AA opponent. There is no excuse for that. Fun fact: we had never lost to a 1AA opponent before that while we were 1A. In fact our average margin of victory was over 30 points. McNeese scored 31 points on us in the 2nd quarter lol. You keep making excuses for the inexcusable.

Also, I never made a mention about his comments. Frankly I don't care what he says about us. I am just saying he is not a good football coach. Maybe he is the perfect guy for turning around teams in the dumpster to mediocrity. He is going to a school that recently won a national championship. He has not won a **** thing yet. I believe he would've failed at Oregon, as well. I don't consider being 4th in a division a success. A step in the right direction, yes. We will see how he does but I think the poor coaching will show soon.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Whenever there is a media reference about the great things CWT did at USF their should always be an * next to it with the words Quinton Flowers as the footnote. 

Well, we could do that for every football coach in history ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Whenever their is a media reference about the great things CWT did at USF their should always be an * next to it with the words Quinton Flowers as the footnote. 

Sure ... let's do the same for Nick Saban with Greg McElroy, Jake Coker, AJ McCarron, etc; Urban Meyer with Tim Tebow, the list goes on.  

Seriously, why are people saying things that are ridiculous?  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, chapelbull said:

Well, we could do that for every football coach in history ...

Don’t think any of them had a QB and teammates insist that the coach needs to let their star QB let himself loose...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Don’t think any of them had a QB and teammates insist that the coach needs to let their star QB let himself loose...

I think that is overplayed and he's still the coach at the end of the day.   

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Sure ... let's do the same for Nick Saban with Greg McElroy, Jake Coker, AJ McCarron, etc; Urban Meyer with Tim Tebow, the list goes on.  

Seriously, why are people saying things that are ridiculous?  

Don’t recall those QBs had to plead and change the mind of the head coach like Q and his teammates did. That moment was when CWT became a commodity. Q is still waiting on his check...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Just now, chapelbull said:

I think that is overplayed and he's still the coach at the end of the day.   

He loses to Cuse then he was gone. That moment of when the players told CWT he needed to change was a fortunate day for everyone.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 hours ago, gibbsak said:

Has he even won a bowl?

Oh that’s right he left before the first bowl game we won during his era. Just like he did at WKU and Oregon. The only bowl game he has actually coached in life he lost. The guy is 0-1 in bowl games, has a losing record as a coach and it would appear his only plan for when a team has even marginal success is to parlay it into a career advancement.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, ForestBull said:

First game against a 1AA opponent. There is no excuse for that. Fun fact: we had never lost to a 1AA opponent before that while we were 1A. In fact our average margin of victory was over 30 points. McNeese scored 31 points on us in the 2nd quarter lol. You keep making excuses for the inexcusable.

Yeah, I remember rehashing all this 5-6 years ago.  I think most with a rational mind see pretty clearly now that Taggart's responsibility for that loss is minimal considering what he had when he came in.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Guys! 

Guys!!!!

Guys!!!!!!

Coaches should get no credit for the players they recruit.  They can only be used to minimize the success they have.

This place is seriously the best! 

Edited by Bull Dozer