• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

17 pages of all the lame, usual excuses why it wasn't CWT that ultimately fueled the success here and no one mentioned (that I saw) the REAL reason .... Harlan having to give him the offense to install to turn the corner.

There was really only one poster parroting that line at the time ... what happened to him, anyway?  

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The problem I've got with Taggart's quote was the weird wording about a plan after we got to #2. Pretty sure the plan was to keep winning It wasn't the lack of a plan, it was the execution of the plan. Maybe what he was trying to say was the failure to build off that #2 ranking .....

In the same original ESPN arrival from when he was hired by USF he talks about how his goal was to win a conference championship, so he’s not one to say much about expectations either. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Who cares? If he doesn’t win he won’t last. Good luck to him, win something and you can say whatever you want. But until that happens stfu.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

We were a bad team talent wise but no excuse for McNeese  and the execrable records his first two years. Taggart willfully imposed a system that would never work on his athletes. A great coach adjusts to what his players can do.  A bad coach tries to force them into a mold they will never fit.

The way you worded this makes it sound like you believe Taggart saw into the future as he was implementing his offense, saw it would never work at USF, but pressed on anyway. 

No, I do not believe you meant it to sound like that, because that's both impossible and ridiculous.  

Again, McNeese was GAME ONE, Ground Zero if you will, for his USF tenure.  McNeese, while they were 1-AA, were no slouch of a team, and we had SCRUBs left over from the Holtz New Era.  Just the way we were beaten alone should tell you this team would have been lucky to beat Bethune Cookman that year.  

And Taggart did adjust, as he continued to stock the team with actual talent.  The reluctance to give him credit for this is absolutely mind-boggling.  

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Who cares? If he doesn’t win he won’t last. Good luck to him, win something and you can say whatever you want. But until that happens stfu.

A lot of the people on this board care because we were there when he won 2 and 4 games in seasons and we continued to be there after, so when he makes a comment about USF that he didn’t have much business saying, people get annoyed.  Ultimately he should have just not said anything and “made it a great day”

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,645
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

There was really only one poster parroting that line at the time ... what happened to him, anyway?  

They silenced him ...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

17 pages of all the lame, usual excuses why it wasn't CWT that ultimately fueled the success here and no one mentioned (that I saw) the REAL reason .... Harlan having to give him the offense to install to turn the corner.

The problem I've got with Taggart's quote was the weird wording about a plan after we got to #2. Pretty sure the plan was to keep winning It wasn't the lack of a plan, it was the execution of the plan. Maybe what he was trying to say was the failure to build off that #2 ranking .....

10 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

In the same original ESPN arrival from when he was hired by USF he talks about how his goal was to win a conference championship, so he’s not one to say much about expectations either. 

Not real sure how you're correlating those 2 situations ....

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

26 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It was vague but I took it as the athletic department had no plan to grow and continue the momentum after the runb to #2.  CJL had been begging for an IPF/Football only facility for a couple years before slapgate and was ignored.  It's honestly the only thing that makes sense IMO.  We really did nothing to grow our program while we had all of that momentum which I'm sure CJL told him.  Obviously CJL had a plan (keep winning and recruiting) the only people who it would make sense to not have a plan in this context would be the administration......

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Again, McNeese was GAME ONE, Ground Zero if you will, for his USF tenure.  McNeese, while they were 1-AA, were no slouch of a team, and we had SCRUBs left over from the Holtz New Era.  Just the way we were beaten alone should tell you this team would have been lucky to beat Bethune Cookman that year. 

Throw in the fact that it was the year we lost to a F_U team for the first team ever and Ground Zero becomes an understatement ...

Just now, Triple B said:

Throw in the fact that it was the year we lost to a F_U team for the first team ever and Ground Zero becomes an understatement ...

I disagree.  No one ever talks about that, the McNeese loss is what everyone loses their **** about regarding 2013.

I firmly believe our record would have been the same or worse if Skip was the coach that year.