• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone miss Holtz yet?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Holtz is trying to save his career. He probably learned from USF and has changed for the better.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I don't miss Skip. I even wore a bag fire Skip. Taggart has made me so apathetic that I don't have the energy to wear one now. Just expect losses and then not disappointed

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Miss Leavitt not Holtz

I concur. The football program was Leavitt's baby, and I appreciated the passion he brought to coaching. I remember being frustrated at the Jim's "tunnel vision," and how our conference foes always seemed to typically anticipate his or his coordinator's game planning, but there was never any doubt that Leavitt bled green and gold.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

Y'all are too impatient. I get that it's tough being both passionate and patient, but that is where strong programs are built. Let Taggert continue to bring in "his" players and develop them. Otherwise we are going to be on an endless circle of the ****** coaching carousel.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

Say what you will about Holtz, but he at least had some signature wins in his career. Taggart's best win was Cincinnati last year. As a HC he is 4-26 against teams with a .500 record or better and 2-2 against FCS teams. That is called not getting it done. He graduated from losing to McNeese State and Florida Atlantic to barely beating an FCS team and 2 of the worst FBS teams. Technically improvement but nowhere near where we need to be at the point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

Say what you will about Holtz, but he at least had some signature wins in his career. Taggart's best win was Cincinnati last year. As a HC he is 4-26 against teams with a .500 record or better and 2-2 against FCS teams. That is called not getting it done. He graduated from losing to McNeese State and Florida Atlantic to barely beating an FCS team and 2 of the worst FBS teams. Technically improvement but nowhere near where we need to be at the point.

We don't really NEED to be anywhere at this point in time. I would think the first real judging point would be at the end of the third year .... Of course, considering he's not a Harlan hire, there may not be as much patience there.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  201

I really don't care either way, somebody just win. But just pointing out that Holtz lost to an FCS school this year as well.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I really don't care either way, somebody just win. But just pointing out that Holtz lost to an FCS school this year as well.

He also has the same amount of wins this year as CWT in his career at USF.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

He also has the same amount of wins this year as CWT in his career at USF.

He has more, doesn't he?  CWT has 5, Holtz has 6, no?