• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone miss Holtz yet?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Say what you will about Holtz, but he at least had some signature wins in his career. Taggart's best win was Cincinnati last year. As a HC he is 4-26 against teams with a .500 record or better and 2-2 against FCS teams. That is called not getting it done. He graduated from losing to McNeese State and Florida Atlantic to barely beating an FCS team and 2 of the worst FBS teams. Technically improvement but nowhere near where we need to be at the point.

We don't really NEED to be anywhere at this point in time. I would think the first real judging point would be at the end of the third year .... Of course, considering he's not a Harlan hire, there may not be as much patience there.
@ByJeffOdom: #USF AD Mark Harlan tells @620wdae he's still "very encouraged" about the direction football is heading.

@ByJeffOdom: #USF's Harlan tells @620WDAE though the past couple losses have been "disappointing" he sees players/coaches still working very hard.

Of course Harlan says stuff like that. He's already selling next year's season tickets.

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Holtz has only been at la tech for a year and a half. He is only halfway through the dismantling process.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Holtz has only been at la tech for a year and a half. He is only halfway through the dismantling process.

Remind him of that when his team is playing in December and CWT is watching on TV for the 4th time in his 5 seasons as a head coach.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Remind him of that when his team is playing in December and CWT is watching on TV for the 4th time in his 5 seasons as a head coach.

What make you think he watches anyone else play?

He already knows what the best offense is football is...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know about missing Holtz, I miss Jimbo more...

Personally I think we wasted our time with Taggart... he was a mediocre WKU coach and is a mediocre USF coach.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Who said anything about CWT, big guy?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Who said anything about CWT, big guy?

Sorry. I didn't realize you were simply making a point about Holtz, but not implying CWT is doing a better job. I should have taken your statement to mean, "Holtz is dismantling LA Tech and CWT is doing his best to take USF down even further."

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Say what you will about Holtz, but he at least had some signature wins in his career. Taggart's best win was Cincinnati last year. As a HC he is 4-26 against teams with a .500 record or better and 2-2 against FCS teams. That is called not getting it done. He graduated from losing to McNeese State and Florida Atlantic to barely beating an FCS team and 2 of the worst FBS teams. Technically improvement but nowhere near where we need to be at the point.

I really don't care either way, somebody just win. But just pointing out that Holtz lost to an FCS school this year as well.

His QB played like ours do in that game by glancing at his stats. But I have to ask. Would you be OK losing to an FCS school if you are undefeated in conference play, on top of the conference and bowl eligible, because they are all three.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Actually there is at least 1 sports reported saying he has successfully rebuilt the team at this point. Holtz was one bad DC from still being at USF.