• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone miss Holtz yet?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Holtz was absolutely terrible. Anyone that says they miss him at USF is a UCF fan.

Yeah, that sucker coached his team to 59 terrible points against WKU today. His terrible team's offense is 11th in scoring, USF is 116. Embrace the suck.

Holtz got canned because he could never field a good defense and was a horrible gameday coach, not because we couldnt score points.
I said two things CWT did better, one was his lucking out with CB, because that is what it was luck. He'd never met the man and was told about him by Harbaugh. As for the other, Holtz's bad game day coaching has his current teams offense 11th in points and 2nd in passing. Now today, and every game, CWT has made bad calls. So, your point? It sounds like CWT fits the firing criteria.

Here's another thing. Does anyone doubt that if Holtz could get an Iowa QB transfer, currently 2nd in the country in passing, to come to LaTech, he couldn't get him to come to Tampa? A QB who broke Tim Rattay's JUCO records.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

I have to be honest, Holtz record is better than CWTs...

Period.

Even right now. 

I have to be honest, Holtz record is better than CWTs...

Period.

Even right now.

I'd take Holtz as HC/OC, CB as DC and Taggart as Florida recruiter. Holtz knew last year he needed a QB and went looking and brought in one who's #2 in passing yards with 17 TDs. He was smart enough to go and find a transfer QB, not put his team on the back of such a young QB.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Holtz was absolutely terrible. Anyone that says they miss him at USF is a UCF fan.

Yeah, that sucker coached his team to 59 terrible points against WKU today. His terrible team's offense is 11th in scoring, USF is 116. Embrace the suck.
Holtz got canned because he could never field a good defense and was a horrible gameday coach, not because we couldnt score points.
I said two things CWT did better, one was his lucking out with CB, because that is what it was luck. He'd never met the man and was told about him by Harbaugh. As for the other, Holtz's bad game day coaching has his current teams offense 11th in points and 2nd in passing. Now today, and every game, CWT has made bad calls. So, your point? It sounds like CWT fits the firing criteria.

Here's another thing. Does anyone doubt that if Holtz could get an Iowa QB transfer, currently 2nd in the country in passing, to come to LaTech, he couldn't get him to come to Tampa? A QB who broke Tim Rattay's JUCO records.

Holtz > Taggart.

I'd take Holtz all day vs Taggart, however that doesn't mean both aren't **** coaches. 

Holtz > Taggart.

I'd take Holtz all day vs Taggart, however that doesn't mean both aren't **** coaches.

I think they have surrounded themselves with coaches that are going to or have brought them down. Holtz's offense is on fire but his defense is still suspect, much like aTm and Manzel on a lower level. Taggart offense needs help. He should have gotten a transfer QB. Period. His offensive play calling is losing games. The defense can play lights out only so long.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

It's CWT's fault

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Almost every success Holtz had here was fool's gold ... or cubic zirconia.  Or amoissanite.  Take your pick of fake looking "precious" rock.

I just miss fun football.  

This season is a wash... I don't see consistent improvement.

But the 2015 season (along with the 2015 class)... is where I will be truly judging Taggart as a HC.

There should be consistent competition for playmakers at every positition.

BTW, 2015 will be a good year...

The nation will see how the CFP works...(and if it produces revenue, despite the potential drama)

The AAC should have full membership (and an actual division/conference title game)

USF has NO excuses to be a strong competitor (and we play FSU!!! finally, a game that we can fill up the RayJay)