• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone miss Holtz yet?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Holtz will probably win more this year at LaTech than his last 2 years combined at USF.  Does that mean we at USF miss him?  No.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Holtz will probably win more this year at LaTech than his last 2 years combined at USF.  Does that mean we at USF miss him?  No.

Correct.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Say what you will about Holtz, but he at least had some signature wins in his career. Taggart's best win was Cincinnati last year. As a HC he is 4-26 against teams with a .500 record or better and 2-2 against FCS teams. That is called not getting it done. He graduated from losing to McNeese State and Florida Atlantic to barely beating an FCS team and 2 of the worst FBS teams. Technically improvement but nowhere near where we need to be at the point.

I really don't care either way, somebody just win. But just pointing out that Holtz lost to an FCS school this year as well.

He also has the same amount of wins this year as CWT in his career at USF.

He has more, doesn't he?  CWT has 5, Holtz has 6, no?

Does this mean I have to look it up? I can't wait for the day we don't compare whoever our football coach is to Holtz.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Not at all

what is there to miss about 3-9 in your 3rd year?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Say what you will about Holtz, but he at least had some signature wins in his career. Taggart's best win was Cincinnati last year. As a HC he is 4-26 against teams with a .500 record or better and 2-2 against FCS teams. That is called not getting it done. He graduated from losing to McNeese State and Florida Atlantic to barely beating an FCS team and 2 of the worst FBS teams. Technically improvement but nowhere near where we need to be at the point.

I really don't care either way, somebody just win. But just pointing out that Holtz lost to an FCS school this year as well.

He also has the same amount of wins this year as CWT in his career at USF.

He has more, doesn't he?  CWT has 5, Holtz has 6, no?

Does this mean I have to look it up? I can't wait for the day we don't compare whoever our football coach is to Holtz.

nor to Leavitt

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

I only miss drinking beers with Skip nothing else

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,378
  • Days Won:  43

Holtz lost to a 1AA school this season. The play in a water down C-USA. When USF did give Holtz a chance in a higher level, he failed. He got lazy on the recruiting trail. He had mental mistakes about not calling timeouts.  He no!! He failed at USF so we dont miss him as the USF coach. He is a nice guy and all, so I am happy he resurrected his career back at La Tech. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

No, Holtz ruined USF

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

We don't really NEED to be anywhere at this point in time. I would think the first real judging point would be at the end of the third year .... Of course, considering he's not a Harlan hire, there may not be as much patience there.
@ByJeffOdom: #USF AD Mark Harlan tells @620wdae he's still "very encouraged" about the direction football is heading.

@ByJeffOdom: #USF's Harlan tells @620WDAE though the past couple losses have been "disappointing" he sees players/coaches still working very hard.

Edited by NCBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

We don't really NEED to be anywhere at this point in time. I would think the first real judging point would be at the end of the third year .... Of course, considering he's not a Harlan hire, there may not be as much patience there.
@ByJeffOdom: #USF AD Mark Harlan tells @620wdae he's still "very encouraged" about the direction football is heading.

@ByJeffOdom: #USF's Harlan tells @620WDAE though the past couple losses have been "disappointing" he sees players/coaches still working very hard.

Glad to read that and hopefully it's sincere .... but don't need to remind of the zillions of times where a coach gets a perceived vote of confidence only to be axed shortly thereafter.