• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone miss Holtz yet?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I miss holtz' wife..she was so friendly and polite

Tried sending you a PM on this topic but says you can't receive any more.  Not paying your bills?  :)

Ricky, check your inbox. I just sent you his cellphone number - you can text him.

Steve, Ricky's a good guy, I've met him in the real world, and can vouch for him,

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

Actually there is at least 1 sports reported saying he has successfully rebuilt the team at this point. Holtz was one bad DC from still being at USF.

Did you actually hear Lou say that or just read about it ...?

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/on-the-sidelines/2014/10/26/what-we-learned-from-la-techs-win-over-southern-miss/17929655/

Monroe, Louisiana paper, online edition.

http://static.thenewsstar.com/aboutus/

Guess I should have used the sarcasm font .... but it's kind of effimnate.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

Tried sending you a PM on this topic but says you can't receive any more.  Not paying your bills?  :)

Ricky, check your inbox. I just sent you his cellphone number - you can text him.

Steve, Ricky's a good guy, I've met him in the real world, and can vouch for him,

Trying to figure out how in the heck smazz would have any idea about that...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Trying to figure out how in the heck smazz would have any idea about that...

Steve has LOTS of ideas...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Taking over a 9 and 4 team is not a rebuild.

Re-image - yes.

Rearrange - sure.

Rebuild - nope

Link?

Holtz' has one starter that is a sophomore or younger. he has sterling griffin and the qb transfer.

that means he is most likely responsible for 3 of 22 starters.

he has 5 sophomores or younger in the 2nd string. that's 5 of 22.

so near as  I can tell Holtz is responsible for 8 of the top 44 players on the team assuming those sophomores weren't just Dyke's commits that stayed with Holtz..

That's not a rebuild.

we have 8 of 22 starters that are true sophomores or younger plus Byrd who is a transfer. that's 9 of 22.

we have 12 true sophomores or younger on the 2nd team so that's 21 of 44 players that are most likely Taggart recruits.

47% of our 2 deep are Taggart players while 18% of Holtz would be considered his.

sorry but Holtz hasn't had to turn over half of his roster. Heck he only has 1 potential true high school signee in his 2 deep. normal attrition for a college programs 2 deep would be just over 20% per year assuming 5 years of eligibility and accounting for transfers. as you can see holtz comes in way below that number. he has tons of seniors and juniors in his 2 deep and he lucked out with his transfer qb.

returning starters is misleading. not only does phil steele leave out a kid that led Dykes' team in rushing but it also doesn't account for total player minutes which would be a better indicator of experience. Holtz was left with a lot of current starters.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/louisiana-tech/90889

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

CWT still > CSH, but unfortunately not by much. Painful days.

In recruiting, ok. Two more wins and CSH has more wins than CWT has ever achieved. And 59 points? That's an entire season of CWT to do that on offense.

Well we still have CSH O-line and we still have CSH WR's (Davis and Welch) and I don't think I need to say anything else after that.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

This is Taggarts team.  He has been here 21/2 years and the product on the field is poo.  Other teams start true freshmen and sophmores and if this class was so good, like everyone brags it is then Tags is the problem not Holtz.  He is gone  Move on!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This is Taggarts team. He has been here 21/2 years and the product on the field is poo. Other teams start true freshmen and sophmores and if this class was so good, like everyone brags it is then Tags is the problem not Holtz. He is gone Move on!

Don't mean to poop on your pity party, but Taggart has literally been here a year and 9 months.

But don't let the facts get in your way.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This is Taggarts team. He has been here 21/2 years and the product on the field is poo. Other teams start true freshmen and sophmores and if this class was so good, like everyone brags it is then Tags is the problem not Holtz. He is gone Move on!

Don't mean to poop on your pity party, but Taggart has literally been here a year and 9 months.

But don't let the facts get in your way.

Likewise when making an argument CWT is doing a better job than CSH did. The only thing you can say for CWT is that he might become a better coach. But then again, Mike White might become an All-America if we're playing that game.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

This is Taggarts team.  He has been here 21/2 years and the product on the field is poo.  Other teams start true freshmen and sophmores and if this class was so good, like everyone brags it is then Tags is the problem not Holtz.  He is gone  Move on!

he's been here 1 1/2 years. almost no established program starts more than a few freshman and sophomores combined.

#1 Mississippi State starts 3 sophomores. the rest are juniors and seniors. we start 8 sophomores or younger