• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone miss Holtz yet?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

We didn't fire him fast enough. Guy was and is still a horrible coach, however he is still better then Taggart. No way we only score 3 points today with Holtz.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

he was an absolute clown.

Looks like a guru compared to CWT.

FYI... Holtz is still using mostly Sonny Dykes recruits.

Out of the LA Tech 2-deep Depth Chart, 3 on Defense, 8 on Offense can possibly be attributed to Holtz

...I used "possibly" as Holtz came in pretty late in the 1st recruiting class (mid Dec) so how many in his first class were already pursued by Dykes can be questioned

How can you shrug off that transfer qb from Iowa he got, like its nothing? The one that that's thrown 17 TDs and almost 1900 yards? He's been at that school as long as CWT and instead of putting in a system that made the most of what he had, he changed everything on offense. He made his bed. I mean FYI, CWT still depends on Holtz recruits like Todd Chandler in his 2 deep.

Not shrugging off, just stating facts.

Most of the starters are Dykes.

And yes.. CWT still depends on Holtz recruits... could that be the problem...?

Why don't you ask Chandler, he's on Twitter.

This board...that ANYone would think we'd be better with CSH, and would even call him a guru--ugh. Thank goodness everyone gets an extra hour to sleep tonight. You guys need it.

I said IN COMPARISON to CWT who has insisted on White, changed to an offense hardly anyone uses and players don't know and has been calling questionable plays on offense, and led the team to its first FCS loss in history. Don't be stupid and take it out of context.

And Holtz gave LA Tech a loss vs a FCS team.

So.. not much of a guru in comparison

And so did CWT. As I see it, Holtz was at USF 3 years, the first half was fine, the second half not. So that's 1 1/2 seasons, the point Taggart is at now. Does anyone expect him to start winning this season? I read where someone he said he needs another year to turn around. So 3 bad years and maybe start winning? At this point I'd take Holtz as HC/OC, CB For DC and CWT as recruiter. Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Out of the LA Tech 2-deep Depth Chart, 3 on Defense, 8 on Offense can possibly be attributed to Holtz

...I used "possibly" as Holtz came in pretty late in the 1st recruiting class (mid Dec) so how many in his first class were already pursued by Dykes can be questioned

How can you shrug off that transfer qb from Iowa he got, like its nothing? The one that that's thrown 17 TDs and almost 1900 yards? He's been at that school as long as CWT and instead of putting in a system that made the most of what he had, he changed everything on offense. He made his bed. I mean FYI, CWT still depends on Holtz recruits like Todd Chandler in his 2 deep.

Because I'm not in a position to evaluate individual players, nor am I paid to do so.

To which I don't have access to all of their training.

I am fairly certain neither are you.

However what I can and have seen is how the program fell sharply under Holtz.

This board...that ANYone would think we'd be better with CSH, and would even call him a guru--ugh. Thank goodness everyone gets an extra hour to sleep tonight. You guys need it.

I said IN COMPARISON to CWT who has insisted on White, changed to an offense hardly anyone uses and players don't know and has been calling questionable plays on offense, and led the team to its first FCS loss in history. Don't be stupid and take it out of context.

And so did CWT. As I see it, Holtz was at USF 3 years, the first half was fine, the second half not. So that's 1 1/2 seasons, the point Taggart is at now. Does anyone expect him to start winning this season? I read where someone he said he needs another year to turn around. So 3 bad years and maybe start winning?

Yes we all know your man-crush of Holtz still rages on

However to compare him as a guru to Taggart is laughable given how the end of his tenure here is comparable to where we are now

Because I'm not in a position to evaluate individual players, nor am I paid to do so.

You mean those what, 7 one score losses? You think USF is better with losses like today? I mean if you think the past two years were worse than the two before, I'd disagree. I'd take Holtz with CB at DC and we would have won enough games last year to make a bowl game. I see no better team play this year than last, we've played worse teams this year.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Holtz beat Miami in Miami and Notre Dame in their house.

USF hit the slide when LeRoy Selmon passed away. It was as if the soul of the team died with him.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

I don't miss Holtz for a second! He's a major contributor to where we are now! 

You mean those what, 7 one score losses? You think USF is better with losses like today? I mean if you think the past two years were worse than the two before, I'd disagree. I'd take Holtz with CB at DC and we would have won enough games last year to make a bowl game. I see no better team play this year than last, we've played worse teams this year.

Reading comprehension fail? Where did I say USF is better? Please show me.

I calling out you calling Holtz a guru compared to Taggart

Scores mean nothing after W and L

Holtz last year here he was 3 - 9

If USF loses the remaining games, we will be 3 - 9.  So .. yes comparable which makes Holtz no where near a guru

And so did CWT. As I see it, Holtz was at USF 3 years, the first half was fine, the second half not. So that's 1 1/2 seasons, the point Taggart is at now. Does anyone expect him to start winning this season? I read where someone he said he needs another year to turn around. So 3 bad years and maybe start winning?

Yes we all know your man-crush of Holtz still rages on

However to compare him as a guru to Taggart is laughable given how the end of his tenure here is comparable to where we are now

How many games has he won as head coach? Taken to the FCS playoffs? Conference championship games? Bowl games? You think that CWT could beat Notre Dame if he was the coach in 2011?