• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong has got to go!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

At least we are not ECU

We might be neck and neck with them though. UConn is the only team I pretty sure we can beat, but I’m not convinced that’s a lock either

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

If we make a bowl game I’m good with him staying especially with a freshman QB. Too may people jump on the “fire fire!” train too quickly.  He made the changes that everyone wanted, let’s see how it plays out. 

Here's the thing... our athletic department has to have a real "coming to Jesus" meeting at the end of this season if we make a bowl. If we're going all in, fire CCS and make a splash hire. I'm ok with that. But if we make a safe hire or grab another retread after CCS, what was the point? Not saying it's an exact comparison, but I remember a few years back when Minnesota fired Glen Mason after he strung together something like 7 straight winning seasons. It was bonkers because he was the only winning coach in about 50 years at the school. They made a big time move canning him and saying they want better without any real effort to back it up in the Big Ten by hiring Tim Brewster as his replacement. Either you're realistically happy with making a bowl every year (not saying we are and certainly our fan base would **** over admitting that) and spending a little money on the program or you're all in. **** or get off the pot.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Here's the thing... our athletic department has to have a real "coming to Jesus" meeting at the end of this season if we make a bowl. If we're going all in, fire CCS and make a splash hire. I'm ok with that. But if we make a safe hire or grab another retread after CCS, what was the point?

If we go to a bowl game at the end of the season, that means we would probably have gone, minimum, 5-3 in conference (I'm counting BYU as a loss) after 3-5 last year. I'm not sure there's a realistically big enough "splash hire" out there that makes that move not look irrational ...... although I'm sure there are scenarios of getting to that 5-3 that may help that a little.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

If we go to a bowl game at the end of the season, that means we would probably have gone, minimum, 5-3 in conference (I'm counting BYU as a loss) after 3-5 last year. I'm not sure there's a realistically big enough "splash hire" out there that makes that move not look irrational ...... although I'm sure there are scenarios of getting to that 5-3 that may help that a little.

And that’s sort of my point. Where do we go if we fire CCS after going 5-3 down the stretch and what does that say?

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, JTrue said:

And that’s sort of my point. Where do we go if we fire CCS after going 5-3 down the stretch and what does that say?

If we go to a bowl game, and go 5-3 down the stretch, CCS keeps his job.  Plain and simple, if we fire him then we lose many of the recruits, then we set ourselves up for more rebuilding and losses.  Sub .500 record?  That is another story..

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I guess my question is what would CCS have to do to get fired with a $5 million buyout? I know many will say the damage done to the program if he stays another season will exceed $5 million dollars but has anything out of Kelly and administration led anyone to believe that they would cough up $5 million plus whatever would be owed to the assistants plus whatever it would cost to hire a new staff?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

I guess my question is what would CCS have to do to get fired with a $5 million buyout? I know many will say the damage done to the program if he stays another season will exceed $5 million dollars but has anything out of Kelly and administration led anyone to believe that they would cough up $5 million plus whatever would be owed to the assistants plus whatever it would cost to hire a new staff?

This is the sad reality CCS may have a blank check for this season.   I dunno if Bell would come here if he only had one season to get his offense going.  I'm hoping McCloud can spark the team for a successful next 3/4 of a season because I really don't think we have that kind of cash laying around.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

If he doesn't make a bowl, he's probably and should be gone.  They'll figure out the buyout.  Make a bowl and that may give them an excuse to keep him around, it will also mean the team looks to be headed in the right direction most likely.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

6 wins is a lock pretty much.

Heck I would be ok with just 4 or 5 wins...if they were the last games of the year and the team showed they were getting better over the season.

I'm trying to this season let things play out and ill judge at end of season how I think this team is under Strong.

I'm glad the switch to McCoud was done.  

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Days Won:  12

13 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

If he doesn't make a bowl, he's probably and should be gone.  They'll figure out the buyout.  Make a bowl and that may give them an excuse to keep him around, it will also mean the team looks to be headed in the right direction most likely.

Nailed it. 

I am, unpopularly, still a CCS fan. But this is the last year. It's 3 years into inheriting a 10 win team. Need to see a reason to believe. Like I said, beat UCF and/or win the conference. That's it.