• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong has got to go!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Would Randy Edsall even care given what has happened to the UCONN football program? He gets fired he doesn't have to deal with the going indie poop show about to happen.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just checking in on if he gone yet

• Haha 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, IBulleve said:

I’ll give CCS this, he’s been consistent. The same glaring issues have been consistent since game 1 against San Jose State. What was it? 14-0 or 17-0 in the first quarter? This team hasn’t had a stretch of good football since. Heck, we struggled against Elon. Different OC’s, different QB’s, WRs, RBs, LBs, etc. The one constant has been Chuckles. I want to root for this team, but I cringe at the fact of him winning a game against Cincy or UCF at the end of this year buying him an extra year. 

I get your point, but I can never root against the Bulls no matter who the Coach is especially against ucf.

That said, I wanted to be be in the CCS camp going into this year, now I'm definitely waffling.  If we don't see dramatic improvement in the next 3 to 4 games, then I'm with everybody else's opinion on this thread.  With this being a new OC and a new system, I am willing to give him half the season though.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

51 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I get your point, but I can never root against the Bulls no matter who the Coach is especially against ucf.

That said, I wanted to be be in the CCS camp going into this year, now I'm definitely waffling.  If we don't see dramatic improvement in the next 3 to 4 games, then I'm with everybody else's opinion on this thread.  With this being a new OC and a new system, I am willing to give him half the season though.

I was i was boarder line to start the season but I am done. Could it be turned around by Charlie? To quote another Charlie (Barkley): “I could be wrong but I doubt it.”

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Make no mistake, I will never root for this team to lose. But to use a gambling term, I feel like we are drawing dead. I’m very confident that CCS is not the man for this job. He’s been given ample time and has not produced. I’m no longer hoping that he can get it done, but instead hoping that MK will end this era so we can turn the page. I just hope any wins this team can pull off in the meantime won’t cause MK to second guess what I assume he has already realized. 

Edited by IBulleve

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

16 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Absolutely. Charlie's first year is what turned me against him. That team had everything needed to go undefeated.

Except someone who knew how to knock down a dying duck pass and a tight end who chose the worst possible moment to cough up a ball ... Even though the buck stops with the head coach, trying to rationally blame that unfulfilled year on CCS is a huge stretch.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

I’ve lost confidence in the staffs ability to put the right guys on the field in the right place. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

Except someone who knew how to knock down a dying duck pass and a tight end who chose the worst possible moment to cough up a ball ... Even though the buck stops with the head coach, trying to rationally blame that unfulfilled year on CCS is a huge stretch.

I don't think its a huge stretch at all. We lost nearly no starters on a team that was averaging blowout victories, head into many of their senior years and start to eke out single-digit margins on clearly inferior opponents which had just been blown out several months before by the exact same players? That was nearly completely due to massive downgrade in playcalling, game management style, and failure of new staff to stick with the program. There was no excuse for a coach with half enough intelligence to avoid messing with fixing something that wasn't broke to go and fail to pull a Heupel and maintain the prior staff's success with ease. Problem is... half enough wasn't enough. That team had no business being within a quarter of plays of giving a win away, because the talent was there to have been several TDs ahead of anybody they played had the staff not brought checkers pieces to a chess match. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

I don't think its a huge stretch at all. We lost nearly no starters on a team that was averaging blowout victories, head into many of their senior years and start to eke out single-digit margins on clearly inferior opponents which had just been blown out several months before by the exact same players? That was nearly completely due to massive downgrade in playcalling, game management style, and failure of new staff to stick with the program. There was no excuse for a coach with half enough intelligence to avoid messing with fixing something that wasn't broke to go and fail to pull a Heupel and maintain the prior staff's success with ease. Problem is... half enough wasn't enough. That team had no business being within a quarter of plays of giving a win away, because the talent was there to have been several TDs ahead of anybody they played had the staff not brought checkers pieces to a chess match. 

Exactly. Q was throwing the ball well and we ran the ball 50+ times averaging 2.5ypc with the majority right at Ed Freaking Oliver. If your game plan wasn't to run the ball at a future top 10 NFL draft pick all day we wouldn't be in a position to need to stop a last minute drive to win. 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1