• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong has got to go!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, T-Man said:

If we go to a bowl game, and go 5-3 down the stretch, CCS keeps his job.  Plain and simple, if we fire him then we lose many of the recruits, then we set ourselves up for more rebuilding and losses.  Sub .500 record?  That is another story..

Interesting side of this is..now we have CCS, KB and SK bringing in recruits. Along with the D coaches all getting more established in the State. FL-GA should be fertile. It takes just getting the right coaching core and getting them to stay. I'm sure the Fire CCS right off the bat doesn't help. He(they all) know how the fans feel about the losing streak. No, CCS didn't have the right O coach when he got here. I believe he does now. The rest of the season should be interesting hopefully, the pieces are coming together. 8-4 would be great. 7-5 would be a success. 6-6 ?? after last year?  

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Interesting side of this is..now we have CCS, KB and SK bringing in recruits. Along with the D coaches all getting more established in the State. FL-GA should be fertile. It takes just getting the right coaching core and getting them to stay. I'm sure the Fire CCS right off the bat doesn't help. He(they all) know how the fans feel about the losing streak. No, CCS didn't have the right O coach when he got here. I believe he does now. The rest of the season should be interesting hopefully, the pieces are coming together. 8-4 would be great. 7-5 would be a success. 6-6 ?? after last year?  

The bottom line, the offensive coordinator improvement should continue to get better, the Defense is much better- they are not missing as many tackles and seem to have more passion, still not big special teams fan..  Would like to see SK get more roles in this rebuild..  Patience at this time is key, hopefully 7-5 can happen..

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

So we make a bowl game with a Freshman quarterback and our athletic department still needs a "coming to Jesus" moment?  I don't see it that way at all.  Strong was able to bring in McCloud who had p5 offers, and now he's putting him behind the wheel.  The kid has a successful first start so if we do end up making a bowl game with him, where in the world would firing the coach get us?  I get that last year wasn't great, and the year before Flowers was handcuffed and we didn't win a conference championship, but it's not like the path to that was easy.  We shouldn't be in a rebuilding year but the reality is that very few saw Barnett struggling THIS badly, and the changes were made before our first conference game (with an FCS team and a bye week to prepare with now on top of that).  I still think we need to see how the season plays out.  

I absolutely think 6-6 this year requires some serious evaluation of CCS and the program and I think it's completely warranted.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I absolutely think 6-6 this year requires some serious evaluation of CCS and the program and I think it's completely warranted.

This.  It's a step back from last season and that alone requires it.  CCS needs some of his RECRUITS (not portal guys) to start showing promise and show that he has and is developing the future.   Guys like McCloud, Weaver, Joiner, etc will have to be big in the back half of the season.   Of course none of this matters if we don't have that buy out money available... 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

55 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So exciting!!! Who cares about qualitative when you can quantitative. I hope everyone enjoys their lunches at Golden Corral.

You mean the successful business model that has out performed the competition for 50 years? I'll take it!

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/operations/how-golden-corral-bucking-buffet-collapse

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

It kind of parallels the WT scenario(except he was supposed to be an offensive genius) with the addition of Briles and Leavitt he has bolstered himself I think. Kinda like CCS. I know the head of the snake always gets taken off but, can you constantly be replacing and rebuilding year after year?  You have firings along with AAC coaches leaving for the P5 after successes causing teams to reload again. You give a new coach 3 years to produce that could be a constant merry go round forever. Somehow there needs to be a constant to build on. Mediocre Head coach who hires top notch assistants?? If this group of assistants produce it could equal winning programs...yep, lots of variables. I just get tired of seeing a swinging door always in operation at USF. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,351
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

6-6 may sound bad but looking at USF schedule and learning new offense system, it is not too bad. Wish AAC was not as strong as it seems to be this season cause Memphis, Temple, UCF, Cincy to close season is a gauntlet. There will be no UConn’s or even a Tulsa mixed in during that death stretch 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

You mean the successful business model that has out performed the competition for 50 years? I'll take it!

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/operations/how-golden-corral-bucking-buffet-collapse

You can eat dirt cheap but who would want to? Out preforming the buffet model I guess is an accomplishment just like I guess winning the AAC can be seen as an accomplishment but I wouldn’t expect too much fanfare for either. Aiming for the stars and hitting the moon isn’t a failure just like aiming for the gutter and hitting the AAC championship is much of an accomplishment.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

26 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This.  It's a step back from last season and that alone requires it.  CCS needs some of his RECRUITS (not portal guys) to start showing promise and show that he has and is developing the future.   Guys like McCloud, Weaver, Joiner, etc will have to be big in the back half of the season.   Of course none of this matters if we don't have that buy out money available... 

And that's a discussion, too. If you fire him, you better be **** sure you're getting a definite upgrade once you factor in the money needed and the impact it's going to have on recruiting, etc.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You can eat dirt cheap but who would want to? Out preforming the buffet model I guess is an accomplishment just like I guess winning the AAC can be seen as an accomplishment but I wouldn’t expect too much fanfare for either. Aiming for the stars and hitting the moon isn’t a failure just like aiming for the gutter and hitting the AAC championship is much of an accomplishment.

An accomplishment to the tune of $1.73 BILLION in sales last year.

It's just not my nature to denigrate one based on their position in life. Sometimes you just gotta make lemonade.