• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong has got to go!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Oh that’s the card we want to play? No, there wasn’t nearly as much of a change that we had going from Taggart and Weist to Strong and Gilbert. And since that’s the card we’re playing we UCF won one less game with bowl included than they did the previous season, which is the exact same thing that happened to us when we had a new coach. Milton was their common denominator much like Flowers was ours, except no, their offense wasn’t nearly as tampered with as ours was with Gilbert. 

You’re as tired of the excuses as I am of people saying fire Strong when we haven’t even played a conference game this season. 

Oops, not we UCF lol. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I don't think it could be understated that not only was the offense changed but the entire culture was changed. I think it is fair to say CWT was fairly open to whatever the kids are into. If they want a different uniform every game or want to participate in "other fun", he didn't really care. 

CCS is much more interested in instilling character in these guys. 

So for example, CWT didn't mind scoring that last TD on Frost and UCF in 2016. CCS would never allow that. Not saying one is better than the other but I think CCS was more more interested in blowing up the entire culture that was at USF which requires starting over. I don't think any of us really saw that coming with the hire. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, puc86 said:

McDonalds brought in $23 billion in sales, I am still not impressed by McDonalds Food.

Its only good as drunk or hangover food. 

Its not for the everyday, unless you want to be big as a house, high cholesterol, and get almost zero nutrients in your daily diet.

Guest Jonesy Bull
28 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you might want to pump those brakes. you are setting yourself up for severe disappointment.

south carolina state had more first downs and a greater time of possession than we did.

Yeah, this still concerns me about the Defense.  They are improved, but still need work. 

The huge turnover margin and us taking advantage of the turnovers were really the difference in the game......otherwise it was actually closer than the score indicates.

Guest Jonesy Bull
29 minutes ago, Gismo said:

UCF did not change their offense when Frost left. The incoming staff kept the same system. Now they are in their second year, so maybe they have been slowly changing it, but the coaches kept what Frost created and ran with it. 

Agreed!  The Knats were smart in bringing in a guy who basically is just continuing pretty much the same system that Frost started.  I thought they would have a couple of bumps in the road by now, but so far they haven't.  Doesn't mean they won't.  The Conference is pretty balanced at the top this year.

As far as schedule reversals.  There is no way ucf loses to GA Tech, and I have my doubts that we would have taken out Stanford (at this point in our development), maybe later in the year.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

10 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yeah, this still concerns me about the Defense.  They are improved, but still need work. 

The huge turnover margin and us taking advantage of the turnovers were really the difference in the game......otherwise it was actually closer than the score indicates.

agree. the score was deceiving. they went 11-23 on 3rd downs against our D too. we out gained them by less than 100 yards.

4 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Agreed!  The Knats were smart in bringing in a guy who basically is just continuing pretty much the same system that Frost started.  I thought they would have a couple of bumps in the road by now, but so far they haven't.  Doesn't mean they won't.  The Conference is pretty balanced at the top this year.

As far as schedule reversals.  There is no way ucf loses to GA Tech, and I have my doubts that we would have taken out Stanford (at this point in our development), maybe later in the year.

the fact that they brought in the QB from the same high school as Milton who broke all of his records means we are pretty much in for status quo.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

40 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

sorry that's not how it works. nobody comes in and runs an identical offense.

After watching the Knights' 56-17 demolition of UConn in the season-opener Thursday night, it's already abundantly clear: New coach Josh Heupel's offense might just be even better than old coach Scott Frost's offense.

Heisman-contending quarterback McKenzie Milton (346 passing yards and five TDs) and his teammates weren't kidding when they said during the preseason that Heupel's offense actually moves faster than Frost's.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-ucf-uconn-josh-heupel-scott-frost-mckenzie-milton-20180831-story.html

Read up when Heupel took over, he intentionally changed things slowly, listened to the players input, and kept Frost’s terminology. He obviously has introduced his own system over time, but when he first arrived he did not install something new from the ground up the way Gilbert did at USF:

In other areas, player input has kept a few things unchanged. Take the offensive playbook, for example. Heupel and (Scott) Frost share enough offensive concepts that the new staff has adopted the terminology that players already know on the plays they have in common....”

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/22/josh-heupel-keeping-most-of-scott-frosts-playbook-at-ucf-as-spring-practice-begins/

Edited by Gismo

1 minute ago, Gismo said:

Read up when Heupel took over, he intentionally changed things slowly, listened to the players input, and kept Frost’s terminology:

In other areas, player input has kept a few things unchanged. Take the offensive playbook, for example. Heupel and (Scott) Frost share enough offensive concepts that the new staff has adopted the terminology that players already know on the plays they have in common....”

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/22/josh-heupel-keeping-most-of-scott-frosts-playbook-at-ucf-as-spring-practice-begins/

yes they hired a young offensive minded coach who ran a similar style offense. certainly better then hiring an old conservative defensive minded coach.

notice what you quoted says they just changed his terminology on the similar plays. didn't say he ran the same offense.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

yes they hired a young offensive minded coach who ran a similar style offense. certainly better then hiring an old conservative defensive minded coach.

notice what you quoted says they just changed his terminology on the similar plays. didn't say he ran the same offense.

Yes, but it sounds like there was enough in common that it was easy to transition the players. And what they learned from Frost was still valuable under Heupel. I don’t think anything from the Gulf Coast Offense was transferable to Gilbert’s Offense. 

Edited by Gismo